COVID News and Commentary

Schmidt Meister

1 minute ago, Huaco Kid said:

I've woke up from hangovers looking worse than that.

That begs the question did you look like that when you started the evening festivities?  
If not let the rest of us know what you were drinking so it can be avoided at all costs.  :anim_rofl2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, 21 shooter said:

That begs the question did you look like that when you started the evening festivities?  
If not let the rest of us know what you were drinking so it can be avoided at all costs.  :anim_rofl2:

I had regular old-man  scarecrow hair,  when we started drinking the Bahama Mamma's.

I didn't know they shaved and sharpied my eyebrows,  until I took a shower.

Then I showed up at the construction site, three days later,  and they wouldn't let me in.

That **** won't brush out.

• Haha 2

On 3/1/2022 at 2:06 PM, janice6 said:

Those diodes didn't have a chance.

I worked with a guy,  that had worked in a military capacity waay up in the northern circle.  He was in charge of the warehouse,  and they had the PCB's.

The guys would come say,  "Hey!  We think it's this board,  give us a spare,  so we can swap it out, to test it."

This guy would say, "Dink!  I've got it right here,  in the static-bag,  but you can't touch it, DON'T EVEN LOOK AT IT!,  until you have the twelve-page release all signed-off.

The air was soooo dry,  you couldn't even take it out of the bag,  without making a spark.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The rule was,  if you zapped it with your fingertips,  and it failed testing,  nice catch.

If it passed all the testing,  with weakened junctions, from zap,  then it's all good!  Put it in a jet, or missile, and let 'er rip!

We couldn't even have paper schematics at our work station.  Too much static.

59 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

I had regular old-man  scarecrow hair,  when we started drinking the Bahama Mamma's.

I didn't know they shaved and sharpied my eyebrows,  until I took a shower.

Then I showed up at the construction site, three days later,  and they wouldn't let me in.

That **** won't brush out.

With friends like that……LOL

and no Bahama Mamas!!  

We had static smocks.  Static booties.  Static hair nets.  (MY hair had that coming.  it was pretty dangerous) (all covid-ish bungo hair)

The cement floors were Static-designed.  Static wrist-straps, and bungie cords.

No paper. 

No pencils.  zap zap.  No erasers.

We were pretty much limited to burritos in the cafeteria.  Bueno Mucho.

20 hours ago, 21 shooter said:

Just reading that made my allergies flare up!  Nothing like seeing a strong breeze become a yellow fog of agony.  

I was in Boulder, Co.  when a wind came down the mountains, they said at times it could reach 200 mph.  The inside corners of the windows were large piles of pollen blown through the seals.  I had never seen that before.

On the third-shift,  a .gov guy, would come around (Charlie Bob)  (He wore a taffeta dress), he had an office there,  on third-shift,  at 3am.

He had a static gun,  that could measure static.

So,  he'd come shoot you, at will.

And write-you-up. 

But we didn't do anything.  The static was what it was.

So,  we hated Charlie Bob.

• Like 1

So. Charlie Bob was the third-shift .gov guy at the huge mil-spec manufacturing plant.

A very small squad (We were "test") worked all night.  Charlie Bob came around for years,  or wherever his drunken Baltimore office was.

Every time we saw him, he was drunk,  in his taffeta dress...

So, most of third-shift was bikers,  and some cool mexican girls,  and we'd write this guy up, ten-ways, every day.

And he was always so drunk.  No one cared.  Not the .gov.

So, someone would put the whole salt-shaker in his coffee,  we'd all laugh.  He didn't even know.

• Like 1