Murder hornets

gwalchmai

8 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

I'm gonna try to salvage it in about a week, once I'm sure there's no buzz left. 

Slowly cut it open.  There's just layers of the ashy paper on the outside,  on the inside is very cool architectural engineering.

Little ******* be a little too skilled.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

Slowly cut it open.  There's just layers of the ashy paper on the outside,  on the inside is very cool architectural engineering.

Little ******* be a little too skilled.

I brought one in the house years ago that had been fumigated and left in a trash bag. The larvae hatched and started dropping out. They weren't able to fly yet. I grabbed the entire nest and heaved it into the burning fireplace.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/3/2021 at 7:40 AM, gwalchmai said:

I'm thinking Zanti misfits.20210703_083106.thumb.jpg.3a9e3d459020598f75eaad83d6455db9.jpg

I may be the only one to get the old Outer Limits television program reference.

That was a scary episode.

:fred:

:biggrin:

Edited by tous
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had a Wasp inside my pool cage tonight....Got my "Salt shotgun"...

Blew of a wing...put him on the ground...2 more shots tosted his ass....:cool:  It was designed for 1 shot on flies...Works GREAT on Spiders too!!!

"Other critters"...Plan your offense...

Amazon.com: BUG-A-SALT 2.0 from Skell, Yellow: Garden & Outdoor

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tous said:

I may be the only one to get the old Outer Limits television program reference.

That was a scary episode.

:biggrin:

For you young'uns, go to Youtube and watch The Zanti Misfits episode of the Outer Limits.

Yes, it was 1963 and the program is in black-and-white, but it was quality drama and scary as heck for a thirteen year old.

Another episode I vividly recall was with Robert Culp.(pre - I Spy) and he had a glass hand.

Watch those episodes and tell me that you see content that good on television today.

By the way, the opening narration of the original Outer Limits was a man by the name of Vic Perrin.

He was a character actor that I recall seeing in a few programs in the 1960s, but that voice -- unforgettable.

While we're on the subject, another distinctive voice from my youth is a galoot named Hank Simms  that did the introductions to the Quinn Martin programs and always mentioned, A Quin Martin production.

It is odd the little, insignificant things we remember.

Don't ask me what I had for lunch yesterday.

Edited by tous
  • Like 1

Outer Limits, yeah! I for some reason remember "The Invisibles" episode, for Perrin's narration of these passages.

Opening narration:  "You do not know these men. You may have looked at them, but you did not see them. They are newspapers blowing down a gutter on a windy night. For reasons both sociological and psychological these three have never joined or been invited to join society. They have never experienced love or friendship, or formed any lasting or constructive relationship, but today, at last, they will become a part of something. They will belong. They will come a little closer to their unrealistic dreams of power and glory. Today, finally they will join th... I almost said the human race, and that would have been a half-truth, for the race they are joining today is only half human."

Closing narration: "You do not know these men. You may have looked at them, but you did not see them. They are the wind that blows newspapers down a gutter on a windy night -- and sweeps the gutter clean."

:supergrin:

• Like 1