My new knife thread

Dric902

8cv68g.jpg

Would you rather have a full-tang knife, or that stupid pill-bottle compartment? Matches and fish hooks can be carried elsewhere.

Would you prefer that round handle, or would you prefer an oval so you could tell where the sharp edge was oriented?

Will your nice leather sheath resist those silly saw-teeth?  How to ruin a Bowie knife.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ChuteTheMall said:

8cvcs8.jpg

I am looking at buying a short sword.  I have one by CRKT but the price has skyrocketed  so it sits in the safe.  Ordered 2 folders last night and ordered a titanium folder that ships in a couple of days.   Just pulled out two folders out of my collection to carry for the upcoming week.  I counted 53 from name brand companies and 60 clones.  I have a problem,  I like blade steel and I can not lie, you other weapons can't deny...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ChuteTheMall said:

8cv68g.jpg

Would you rather have a full-tang knife, or that stupid pill-bottle compartment? Matches and fish hooks can be carried elsewhere.

Would you prefer that round handle, or would you prefer an oval so you could tell where the sharp edge was oriented?

Will your nice leather sheath resist those silly saw-teeth?  How to ruin a Bowie knife.

Full tang. I didn’t trust hollow handled knives. Most are total garbage. A few like a Lyle are good but I still don’t trust them. I would rather have a separate survival kit in a shoulder bag or something.  My “survival kit” is in a tool box in my truck. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tous said:

I thought that Eric owned every blade ever made?

How'd you get some?

:headscratch:

:biggrin:

If the question is directed at me, I would say like most other knife buyers.  Some came from a surplus store a buddy owns.  He and another friend would get me a knife every year for my Bday.  Some bought at gunshows  when I use to go to them.  Some bought at ShotShow or the NRA Expo.  Most bought online from BladeHQ or Ebay.  Almost all the clones came from AliExpress.  Early on, maybe I got 2-3 questionable knives but now, anything I get is excellent quality.   I tell people that since I am a Meskin, I have a propensity to carry knives.  I didn't even include the good stuff in the safe.  I have a few customs and some high end no longer in production stuff.  We talked about wills recently and My wife's brother has a son that's 15 YOA now.  He will probably gt the bulk of stuff when I kick the bucket. 

It was sort of an on-going joke at the other place that  since Eric was such a fan of blades that he owned every one ever made.

Gag sort of falls on its ass if folk don't know the reference.

I have an excuse.

I'm old.

:biggrin:

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2