Amazon is wearing me thin.

LostinTexas

I ordered a pocket knife to replace the one I've been carrying for years because my hands are getting cantankerous. 2 weeks go by and I get a notice delivery has been postpones. Ya, no kidding? You've been sitting on the order for 2 weeks. Well, then comes the snowpocolypse in Texas and many other places. 3 weeks in I order a second and cancel the first one. I get a mail that says a replacement has been sent for the original. WTH?

I get in touch with Libid with Amazon. Seemed nice enough, told him I needed a refund and didn't want the order because I had placed a second order and was trying to cancel the original. No problem. Refund issued, thanks all around, order cancelled. Two days later 2 knives show up on the front porch. REALLY?!

Get in touch and try to explain the situation while being told that Prime member or any one else doesn't have orders delayed like that. Sorry, your feels don't override the facts. Proceeded to explain I got prime for that very reason, and nothing has really changed so the need for my Prime membership is kinda lost. Orders sent from Dallas will sit in queue for 7-10 days then ship and be here next day. Nothing special about shipping speed. Third party will jump through hoops to get orders out. Go figure.

Anyway, several days go by and now Amazon wants to know where the return is. Don't get me started. I have 6 more days (two weeks total), then have to reapply for the return, I may just wait since they are so interested all of a sudden. I get a notice a day for the past 4 days. It is a special trip and about 40 miles round trip to go to the UPS Store, so they can get it at my convenience instead of theirs. Turnabout is fair play. They should be happy I offered to return the thing to start with, it is the right thing to do, and I kinda hoped they would just say forget it and you're welcome. It has happened before.

I still have 3 orders not filled from last year. Lost. Gone. No one knows. I must admit they have been spot on in refunding the price, but I wanted the items and just said screw it on two of them.

Rant over, and I know it's lame, but they are getting very sloppy.

Edited by LostinTexas
  • Like 2

I’ve been prime members for year and have had few problems. 
the amount/volume increases in the last year have been off the charts. They are taking advantage of it 

in house shipping, distribution centers in abandoned malls, Amazon trucks deliver on Sundays.

the takeover of online shopping is happening 

I haven't had the kinds of problems with orders being lost/non delivered.  The last 5-6 months has been the new norm. I guess I shouldn't complain too much since they made it right without drama or argument.

The sitting on orders has been for a long time, and I got Prime to try and get around that because we do a lot of online shopping. Town ain't close.

I doubt they will be trusted with any storage. I haven't tried their music app. Video? Well, they want me to pay again for too many things. I guess I've watched a total of three movies on it. Support Your Local Sheriff and Support Your local Gunfighter still leaves me in stitches.

Ordering though Sam's club is awesome. Order today, get it day after tomorrow. Almost every single time. We have to make a big enough purchase to get free shipping, but were going to spend the money anyway, and saves us a 70 mile trip, one way.

Not too sure about any advantage to Walmart's subscription service. You sill have to have $35 or what ever in merchandise, so not sure what changed other than you pay them to do the same thing they have been. Maybe they will add to it and make for a better incentive.

After looking into the Walmart+, and after the endless delays, it seems they have revised it. .com is free and no minimum unless special or bulk, OK. Store delivery $35 minimum purchase, not a problems I would think for what it is, but it isn't available in my area. 5¢ savings on a gallon of gas at Murphy. Scan and go express checkout. I get that at Sam's for nothing extra, and it is convenient, but why charge extra, other than they can. It may need some more tweaking, but they seem to be working on it.

Edited by LostinTexas

i have come to looking on Epray, then other Vendors on the Web, then the actual Maker, then anywhere else.

if i still cant find it, i wonder how badly do i want it.

Amazon is IMHO Predatory and full of too many Knock offs and they don't seem to like their own Employees.

so if they don't Respect their Manufacturers, or their own Competition, or their own Employees, why would i expect them to Respect me the Consumer.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, LostinTexas said:

I ordered a pocket knife to replace the one I've been carrying for years because my hands are getting cantankerous. 2 weeks go by and I get a notice delivery has been postpones. Ya, no kidding? You've been sitting on the order for 2 weeks. Well, then comes the snowpocolypse in Texas and many other places. 3 weeks in I order a second and cancel the first one. I get a mail that says a replacement has been sent for the original. WTH?

I get in touch with Libid with Amazon. Seemed nice enough, told him I needed a refund and didn't want the order because I had placed a second order and was trying to cancel the original. No problem. Refund issued, thanks all around, order cancelled. Two days later 2 knives show up on the front porch. REALLY?!

Get in touch and try to explain the situation while being told that Prime member or any one else doesn't have orders delayed like that. Sorry, your feels don't override the facts. Proceeded to explain I got prime for that very reason, and nothing has really changed so the need for my Prime membership is kinda lost. Orders sent from Dallas will sit in queue for 7-10 days then ship and be here next day. Nothing special about shipping speed. Third party will jump through hoops to get orders out. Go figure.

Anyway, several days go by and now Amazon wants to know where the return is. Don't get me started. I have 6 more days (two weeks total), then have to reapply for the return, I may just wait since they are so interested all of a sudden. I get a notice a day for the past 4 days. It is a special trip and about 40 miles round trip to go to the UPS Store, so they can get it at my convenience instead of theirs. Turnabout is fair play. They should be happy I offered to return the thing to start with, it is the right thing to do, and I kinda hoped they would just say forget it and you're welcome. It has happened before.

I still have 3 orders not filled from last year. Lost. Gone. No one knows. I must admit they have been spot on in refunding the price, but I wanted the items and just said screw it on two of them.

Rant over, and I know it's lame, but they are getting very sloppy.

I know.  Damnit man, I'm just too honest like you.  Should have just kept em.  Let THEM get in touch with you.  I swear...I always try and want to be an honest and nice person.  Sometimes,  I think...I should just let the "system" work.  Just never been like that...

• Like 2

When the nurse from the insurance called to go over my diagnosis and treatment. They had to work out when to start quarantining people I’ve worked with.

she asked if we has an o2 sensor to track it at home, I was feeling better each day so no we didn’t.

we found one on Amazon with next day Prime delivery. When I started going downhill that day, it showed up the next afternoon, put it on...64% by the time we got to the car 52%. Mama can drive faster than an ambulance when she wants to

Prime shipping may have saved my life

I don't have prime. 

I use the amazon search to find what I'm looking for and then use ddg to find that same item from somebody else. I look for a seller in a few state radius of my home, usually still get free shipping and the item shows up much faster than when I had prime. Two day shipping was always a joke in my experience, it worked if the item came from a warehouse one state over, but if it was father it took 4-8 days to get it. 

They would also say "Get it in 2 days" on the item page and then when I clicked to add it to the cart the estimated shipping time would be 5-7 days. Having prime didn't seem to matter so I got rid of prime. Now I almost never order from amazon at all, they have to be the only place to get it.

That bit me a few weeks ago, I ordered a bulk spool of fishing line. It is out of stock everywhere, seller on amazon said they had three. I ordered it, it shipped two days later, been stuck in TN ever since. I don't know if Fed Ex lost it or what. I had to wind a bunch of reels with my second choice of line so I could get them out on the water. Not really amazon's fault, but it don't help their rating in my mind.

• Sad 1

I've gotten annoyed enough at Amazon's politics/deplatforming other companies, that I'm looking for replacement sources for everything I normally get from them, so I can dump Prime (we don't watch or listen to it anyway, just had it to save on shipping costs) and stop using them for anything.  Political votes mean nothing anymore, the only thing that matters to the powers that be is money, so I'll vote with that.

• Like 8

I also found that the movies on prime were junk. They would have a show that I liked, I'd get 2.7 seasons into watching and it would vanish. Well crud! 

I'd find the show on DVD or sometimes blu ray, and buy it so I could finish watching it. Once I found the show on VHS, only way it was available that I could find, so I dug out the VHS and watched it that way.

I dropped Netslix for the same reason, nothing good to watch. Theyshows they were making on their own were the worst TV I'd ever seen. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fog said:

I also found that the movies on prime were junk. They would have a show that I liked, I'd get 2.7 seasons into watching and it would vanish. Well crud! 

I'd find the show on DVD or sometimes blu ray, and buy it so I could finish watching it. Once I found the show on VHS, only way it was available that I could find, so I dug out the VHS and watched it that way.

I dropped Netslix for the same reason, nothing good to watch. Theyshows they were making on their own were the worst TV I'd ever seen. 

Yeah, I’m going back to dvds.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Amazon’s search seems increasingly abusive. I enter a specific book title and get many results, often completely unrelated. The book which I was actually interested in may be in their results two or three screens down. 

If you search for book by a conservative author they assume you are just a political book junkie and suggest books by leftist kooks too. They say things "People who bought the book you are looking at also bought "Pound me too" by Hilary."

Nice try Bozo, a little obvious though.

I tend toward eBay. It is a big company which sells little or nothing beyond services. Their dollar volume may come from a relatively short list of big vendors. But most if their vendors are small, and many individuals who have moved their yard sale National. 

Got stuff heading back to Amazon today. No confirmation on the refunds, that usually comes within minutes of dropping it off. I guess their new and improved returns aren't so hot. We'll see how it shakes out, I have a receipt.

Ebay was a disaster sandwich without the bread wile Bezos was still figuring out his garage door opener. He may have even got it from Ebay. ?

They were really entwined with PayPal, one of the businesses I absolutely refuse to patronize, so very few Ebay vendors even get a look from me. More now than before, but that is still the business model. The annoying predatory begging for me to buy something I just looked at is a turn of as well. I have been getting 3-4 emails a day for over a week for some water filters I was directed to them for.

Live in (actually near) a small rural town. The “shop local” signs are frequent. If I go to Local Store much of the merchandise comes from China, just like equivalent items in big box stores. So I’m kinda confused. Local Store and Big Box Store both employ local people. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Live in (actually near) a small rural town. The “shop local” signs are frequent. If I go to Local Store much of the merchandise comes from China, just like equivalent items in big box stores. So I’m kinda confused. Local Store and Big Box Store both employ local people. 

By and large, manufacturing has been sent overseas. Most of the "Buy American" may be American companies, but manufacture is elsewhere. Da Boys Ford was made in Mexico, and my Toyota was made in Kentucky. Go figure.

If available in my small area, I will try to buy here, but so many things just aren't.

All we can do at this point is support our neighbors as much as possible by buying at the places that employ them.

Edited by LostinTexas