SNL. The beginning and the end.

jmohme

SNL long turned into a left wing biased shitshow. Haven't watched in many many years. As a matter of facts. I cut the cable TV wire in 2008.

I watch a few YouTube channels (even though I also can't stand Google / YouTube for their left wing agenda and all that shadow banning) and buy a Blu Ray disk maybe once every other month.

For the most part I watch movies and TV shows from the 80s and 90s, streamed from my own server. That's it. I'm sick and tired of all this political manipulation in mainstream and social media.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Early years of SNL were pretty good but the golden age was the 1990s- Farley, Sandler, Phil  Hartman, Will Farrell, etc. 

While there’s always been a political element to the show, unfortunately it has become the single element, and IMO it’s been unwatchable for years. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Valmet said:

Early years of SNL were pretty good but the golden age was the 1990s- Farley, Sandler, Phil  Hartman, Will Farrell, etc. 

While there’s always been a political element to the show, unfortunately it has become the single element, and IMO it’s been unwatchable for years. 

A lot of people thought so, but I can't stand Farley, Sandler, or Will Farrell.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don’t think any version of SNL rivaled Belushi, Akroyd and Murray. Throw in Chevy Chase and Steve Martin and that first version is clearly the best. Eddie Murphy, Dana Carvey, Will Farrell, Adam Sandler were all good, maybe Tina Fey and Farley too. But first gen was best.

• Thanks 1

Adam Sandler trades on his heritage. Will Farrell is not funny - he lacks the requisite intelligence for improv. Chris Farley's humor was physical - some love it and some hate it. 

The initial generation of comedians were successful because they would lampoon Jerry Ford and Jimmy Carter with equal gusto. They made fun of rednecks and the LGBT community. Everyone was a target and everyone took shots. 

Now, most people are victims and exhibit false sensitivity all for an emotional/financial payout.

I honestly wish they'd kill off the show. Lorne Michaels was calling it in during the 1990s and it has only gotten worse. This is evidenced by no one from the show recently gaining an audience after leaving. Everyone knew the first gen comics and they all had some degree of success for years after leaving the show.

• Like 1

I liked; John Belushi, Gilda Radner, Garret Morris, Chevy Chase, Dan Ackroyd,  Bill Murray, Jane Curtain, Phil Hartman, Eddie Murphy, Tim Kazyrinski , Dana Carvey, Tim Meadows, Damon Wayans, Dennis Miller, David Spade, Jon Lovitz, Norm McDonald, Cheri Oteri, Chris Rock, Billy Crystal, Laraine Newman, Joe Piscopo, Martin Short, Mike Myers,  and Adam Sandler.

• Like 3