Your mail delivery?

"Do any of you folks with the box by the road still have an RFD address?"

Off the subject, but my aunt and uncle live 10 miles or so south of Charlottesville. They'd been in the house about 40 years and started having a little trouble with their landline. The repair guy got it fixed out at the junction box (or whatever it's called) and came up to the house to ask them a question. "Do you know you've been on a party line all these years?" They didn't. They'd been paying the reduced party line rate for decades, but someone years ago had simply capped it off and made their line private The guy didn't change it or tell the company to up their bill.

Who knows what a party line is?   :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Mailman drove up to the house with a package today.  Honked a couple times.  I went outside and grabbed it and the mail from him, then he drove off.

a few minutes later I hear more honking.  Mailman was back, asked if the neighbor with the same last name was related (my uncle) and that his gate was closed so he couldn't deliver the packages.  Dropped them off with us and my uncle and family came by a few hours later to pick them up.

Last year I had a tailgate for my truck come through the mail.  Turns out the post office was short a driver, so the postmaster drove it out himself in his 1 ton dually truck.  

My local post office is pretty good.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

Mailman drove up to the house with a package today.  Honked a couple times.  I went outside and grabbed it and the mail from him, then he drove off.

a few minutes later I hear more honking.  Mailman was back, asked if the neighbor with the same last name was related (my uncle) and that his gate was closed so he couldn't deliver the packages.  Dropped them off with us and my uncle and family came by a few hours later to pick them up.

Last year I had a tailgate for my truck come through the mail.  Turns out the post office was short a driver, so the postmaster drove it out himself in his 1 ton dually truck.  

My local post office is pretty good.

I orders some steel targets and they were delivered by the post office.  I was surprised when this chunky little gal tried to drag one of the larger ones out of her van.

image.jpeg.55d836e4ee1f0f3e572d5d2975d9c0ae.jpeg

• Like 1

Box beside the driveway. The wind took it off once, I was watching it at the moment.

Otherwise not much to report.

On 5/19/2020 at 11:44 PM, Walt Longmire said:

Do any of you worthies even know what RFD means? Ya dumb bastards. Probably too young.

Rural Free Delivery. You seem to be asking about the route and box number though (ex, RR3 Box 951), and those made no since to anyone but mail carriers. With 911 addressing those are stored with the DoDo and dinosaurs, around here anyway.

Edited by LostinTexas
  • Like 1