5 Counterintuitive Reasons to Love Your Coffee Even More

TBO

I can get a mollate-choco-swizz from starbucks ($9), and it's served cold.

I can get a free thermos-full of coffee from the hotel,  and dump in a free pack of coco.

It tastes just the same.

And after you leave it in the car all day in the winter, it's cold.

I save myself $18 every day,  but still put it on my expense report.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

Black and strong like Luke Cage. (That's a reference to the big bang theory)

I usually go with the Grace Jones of coffee.   Coffee that can leave you in the corner beat down begging for more.  Usually you have to pay extra for that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zonny said:

Morning coffee is most likely the best part of my day; I don't care what else is to come. I REALLY enjoy that coffee in the AM.

Absolutely!

For me, some of my best memories are coffee related.  I remember when my first Wife and I were still in high school, we used to go down to the New Beach Café in downtown Soap Lake and have coffee with our friends.  

It was usually in the early evening and we made sure we weren't taking up the big table if someone came in and also that we didn't take up space someone that was really gonna eat could use.  We also made it a point to tip BIG as well.

They are some of the fondest memories of mine.

Yes, I love coffee.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Historian said:

I like my coffee black as night and strong as hell.

Little cups of espresso worship my coffee mug like it's a God on Easter Island.

I was surprised when I found that darker roast coffees have less caffeine than the lighter roasts.  So, the dark roasts  are stronger in flavor but less so for caffeine content.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peng said:

I was surprised when I found that darker roast coffees have less caffeine than the lighter roasts.  So, the dark roasts  are stronger in flavor but less so for caffeine content.  

That is correct because of the roasting process.  The caffeine remains the same...in both lighter and darker...but you use more dense beans with a lighter roast...so you get more caffeine that way.  It really boils down to weight. It's a concentration thing.

i like dark bitter coffee. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Historian said:

I like my coffee black as night and strong as hell.

Little cups of espresso worship my coffee mug like it's a God on Easter Island.

One time at a restaurant after a 200 mile drive, I hadn't eaten before I left and I really needed that coffee.

So the waitress took my order for a double expresso,  while waiting for my breakfast roll.

Then she checked back with me and I ordered a double expresso, to drink with my roll she just gave me.

A couple minutes later she stopped to see how I was doing and I ordered a cup of coffee.

When she brought my coffee, she leaned away from me, and slid it across the counter to me.  I asked her what was wrong?  She said if she had that much coffee, she would be hanging from the ceiling.

I laughed and said "I'd like to see that".  I do love my coffee and sometimes it takes a lot to make up for what I have missed earlier.

6 minutes ago, Historian said:

I had the same waitress.  I didn't quite know what to say when she asked me, "Honey, would you like your buns warmed?"

I always say "Yes".

The neighbor woman said the her female dog sure loved me.  I said that's because I know the secret to all women's heart.

She looked at me expecting some kind of revelation, but I said, "A butt scratch", women will do almost anything for a good butt scratch.

2 hours ago, Historian said:

I had the same waitress.  I didn't quite know what to say when she asked me, "Honey, would you like your buns warmed?"

The place I was working implemented a program where they take your temperature as you drive into the parking lot.

The first morning,  she shot me in the head and said, "You're fine."

I said, "I know!"   She lol'd.

The next morning,  she said, "You're OK."

I said, "No!  I'm fine!"

It wasn't funny the second time.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Historian said:

Cold rainy nights on patrol in a very rural county...with my old Stanly thermos.   I love that old green thing.  We have a lot of memories together.

My current one has been used daily for five or seven years.  It gets carried in a tool bag and rolls around the floor a lot and the stains inside are permanently burned in.

I don't have the cup,  I drink it like a bottle.  Some people look disgusted when I do that because it's so beat-up and grody.

(I cut pieces of motorcycle inner tube and slide it over my thermos' for a cover.  It's a better grip and it keeps it from clanging around.)

• Like 1