Is it time to reinvest?

I haven't moved anything and just kept adding.

At some point i have the same amount of paper.   It may not be worth as much.  But the system will come back.

So the way i see it...if you're in for another 15 or 20 years....let it ride...and add more.  It can only go back up. 

Buy low sell high.

• Like 1

I use tight trailing stops in most of my trades, so I got stopped out when the market started to get squirrelly back in January.  I am all in now; been adding things back in for the past few weeks.

If you believe in the US for the long term, you are GTG.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

I just added some funds to my investor account. I hope the timing is close to right. What say you knowledgeable finance guys and gals.

It's always a good time to invest.  Some times are better that others.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, willie-pete said:

I use tight trailing stops in most of my trades, so I got stopped out when the market started to get squirrelly back in January.  I am all in now; been adding things back in for the past few weeks.

If you believe in the US for the long term, you are GTG.

I put all my free cash (*FREE) in my stocks.  The recovery is going to be a blast.  If we don't recover nothing will matter anyway.  I'm thinking that the day before I die, all my wishes will come to physical fruition.  The kids can do their own investments.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Historian said:

I haven't moved anything and just kept adding.

At some point i have the same amount of paper.   It may not be worth as much.  But the system will come back.

So the way i see it...if you're in for another 15 or 20 years....let it ride...and add more.  It can only go back up. 

Buy low sell high.

It is almost impossible to hit the exact low for buying or the exact high for selling. If cash flow is not an issue - don’t play with next month’s rent money - buying on the way down after a major dip or selling on the way up after a major jump can be rewarding. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

It is almost impossible to hit the exact low for buying or the exact high for selling. If cash flow is not an issue - don’t play with next month’s rent money - buying on the way down after a major dip or selling on the way up after a major jump can be rewarding. 

I totally agree.  It's all about risk management.   But like i tell everyone.  Start saving young...and start saving as much as you can.  And then go from there.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i sold some stock back in sept    which was all time high .  made a good amount of money,  then  when covid 19 hit  and market plunged  i bought the hell out of it as it was at all time low lol . 

but basically  i got my stable ,  i got my high risk   got some play around money ,  and been buying  

whatever happens  we are pretty much covered for a complete tank  but it will bounce back . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, windowasher said:

I just took some gold out of my safe and purchased lead to put in it

When I got into electronics, Lead was less than a Dollar a pound.

Now solder is over 10 Dollars a pound.  Hang in there, it might have a future!

With enough Lead you can get all the Gold you want.

(yes, I know you bought some ammunition)

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1