Line outside gun store...in Texas even

Rabbi

• Administrators

This one took me by surprise. This is In San Antonio, today about 20 minutes ago. Even if they are only letting a few in at a time....this many people are committed to getting in.  This is a popular and old gun store in San Antonio.  Pretty cool place but a bit pricy. 

(just a drive by pic I took, the line wrapped around the building)F58AF486-68D3-4C33-9C09-B0ADB9F79502.thumb.jpeg.717d4e044006dd692b07b5c6e5cc9597.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, DWARREN123 said:

People preparing after the event, not real smart.

I do believe there are quite a few new firearms owners out there because of COVID-19 and the great TP panic!

Yep.  My husband just got off the phone with a friend of his who minutes before had walked out of the gun store with a Glock 17, and wanted to know what ammo to order for it (there isn't any left in the gun store!).  The friend has never owned a gun in his life.  I get the feeling this will be a new round of me taking a bunch of ladies to the range to try every pistol I own to find the one that fits them best, so they know what to order.  Seeing as how the last 3 friends I took to the range all voted the HK VP9 SK their top choice... I hope HK has ramped up production... lol

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rabbi said:

This one took me by surprise. This is In San Antonio, today about 20 minutes ago. Even if they are only letting a few in at a time....this many people are committed to getting in.  This is a popular and old gun store in San Antonio.  Pretty cool place but a bit pricy. 

(just a drive by pic I took, the line wrapped around the building)F58AF486-68D3-4C33-9C09-B0ADB9F79502.thumb.jpeg.717d4e044006dd692b07b5c6e5cc9597.jpeg

It's interesting that many are buying toilet paper and many are buying other things.

• Like 2

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Looking at the crowd in front of Nagels, I wonder how many will pass the background check.

That is what San Antonio looks like.  Unshaved middle aged Hispanic male in working class clothing could be a millionaire business owner or out of work. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Rabbi said:

That is what San Antonio looks like.  Unshaved middle aged Hispanic male in working class clothing could be a millionaire business owner or out of work.

I worked in Wyoming,  and heard that it was one of the "richest" areas in America.

I brought it up at the jobsite, laughingly, and they said, no, it was true.

You didn't know because the guy sitting next to you at the diner, in a pop: 40 town,  in the crappy boots and old levi jacket, driving a beat-up old Ford was a billionaire.

(He may not have owned the mine,  but he sold the mine their stuff.)

Edited by Huaco Kid

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

I worked in Wyoming,  and heard that it was one of the "richest" areas in America.

I brought it up at the jobsite, laughingly, and they said, no, it was true.

You didn't know because the guy sitting next to you at the diner, in a pop: 40 town,  in the crappy boots and old levi jacket, driving a beat-up old Ford was a billionaire.

(He may not have owned the mine,  but he sold the mine their stuff.)

Well, San Antonio is far from the "richest" anything.  While the area is booming, and has for a long time, wealth and wages here are pretty average. However, being the 7th largest city and about the 20th largest metro, just by sheer size, there is certainly some significant wealth here.  

San Antonio is overwhelmingly hispanic.  The professionals, business owners, workers, cops, homeless, whatever are also mostly hispanic.  Being a pretty blue collar town, the guy who owns the business often looks just like the people working there.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rabbi said:

I worked in San Antonio for a couple of years, and yes, that is really what it looks like.

• Thanks 1

This is the first event I've gone into well prepared.  Obama's election, I was good on AR's and magazines, but could have used more ammo.  This time, I am good on both.  $200 once or twice a month really adds up over a few years.  

If I had to consider what I would like more of, it would be toilet paper and paper towels.  I have one of the bidets so I don't use TP, but it would be a valuable barter item. I have 3 9 packs, but am about to give one or two of those away.

When things get back to normal, I'll stock up on paper goods.  I'm also going to add another BCM to my arenal.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Historian said:

Pretty sure i could tell you who they were aligned with. The AK makes a distinct sound.

I have been shot at by a Deer rifle.  They do have a distinctive sound when aimed at you.  I returned a round just to clear up any confusion.  It was a quiet day after that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1