The TP Quiz

Ricordo

The whole thing seems to me irrational.

Today went out for lunch with my wife and daughter to a mom-and-pop Southern-style breakfast/lunch cafe. A couple there and another at the counter.

In comes another customer, sits down, coughs a couple of times and says, "I'm sorry. Wrong time".

Everybody had a good laugh.

It's insane out there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ricordo said:

Today went out for lunch with my wife and daughter to a mom-and-pop Southern-style breakfast/lunch cafe. A couple there and another at the counter.

In comes another customer, sits down, coughs a couple of times and says, "I'm sorry. Wrong time".

It's insane out there.

Dining in has been completely shut down in Alaska. Take out only, including bars. Laundromats closed. barber shops closed. All public access to govt buildings closed. Elective surgery cancelled. Only emergency procedures allowed for medical or dental. It's a zoo. I'm hanging out at home.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ricordo said:

It's insane out there.

They just announced here that you should only use public transportation if you have to. Isn't the only reason people use public transportation? I've never taken a bus because I wanted to.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Dining in has been completely shut down in Alaska. Take out only, including bars. Laundromats closed. barber shops closed. All public access to govt buildings closed. Elective surgery cancelled. Only emergency procedures allowed for medical or dental. It's a zoo. I'm hanging out at home.

Always better than being around feral human beings.

56 minutes ago, Duluth said:

They just announced here that you should only use public transportation if you have to. Isn't the only reason people use public transportation? I've never taken a bus because I wanted to.  

This is the time when the absolute ignorance of local governments will show you their total lack of intelligence.

I'm curious about the time when someone says this is over, everyone comes out of hiding and the next wave of virus goes through them.  

It's like testing for the virus and then walking away.  How long before you should test the same people again for the same virus.  The only ones that need testing only once are the people that have the virus.

• Thanks 1

I was reminded the other day, this week, of the time when I got to replace my first golf bag (1993?).

I was moving stuff from that bag to the new one and when I reached deep inside on the side of the handle, stuck there was a building plan for an installation, in Cyrillic. To this day I can't say with certainty how it got there.

That's how ridiculous this whole thing feels to me. It all feels like a really bad Schrödinger's cat puzzle.

• Haha 2

Too few variables for an accurate prediction. 

I have ~27 rolls.  Had them for years, will last for years more.  I don't use them because I have the bidet attachment.  But I must admit, sometimes paper has its place for an itch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just before the panic hit a couple of weeks ago I bought the biggest package the store had of Generic brand 1000 sheet rolls. It cost ten bucks. I think it was 12 rolls and I usually buy the 6 roll package but they were out of those. I live alone and no woman in the house so it lasts me a long time.  I asked a friend of mine recently how he and his wife were doing with the TP situation and he said they got a bidet about 6 months ago that both washes (with warm water) and dries your orifice or orifices.

Edited by Borg warner
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ricordo said:

Perhaps we should name the virus---president xi's virus. You know, because communists will be communists.

Or perhaps---The Toilet Paper virus...

I might lean more towards President Xi's toilet paper, after he is potentially responsible for it's demand.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ricordo said:

He's trouble. Can't underestimate him.

china has been the world's second economy since 1898. Still is. He wants the number one spot. That's his goal---emperor xi.

He still won't get it.  Most of his people are poor.  People have to realize that what they want is achievable through their own  effort.

The state running everything means that the country can't lead.  Same thing the USSR found out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, deputy tom said:

I don't know how long this hoarding will last but I'm sure we'll run out next week. Lots of soap and wash cloths will ensue. The water and sewage bills will be our demise.  tom.

Sorry to hear that, hope the supply gets better over there.  I have a well and septic tank.  I'm going to run a garden hose up to the toilet here. problem solved.

Dave...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally! Some semblance of rationality.

"In an op-ed for The New York Times published Friday, David L. Katz, the founding director of the Yale-Griffin Prevention Research Center, suggests that “our fight against coronavirus” may end up being “worse than the disease.” By taking an “at war” approach to fighting COVID-19 widespread shutdowns and isolation of the entire population rather than a “surgical strike” approach focusing on the truly vulnerable, Katz argues, we have set ourselves on the path to “uncontained viral contagion and monumental collateral damage to our society and economy.

“We routinely differentiate between two kinds of military action: the inevitable carnage and collateral damage of diffuse hostilities, and the precision of a ‘surgical strike,’ methodically targeted to the sources of our particular peril. The latter, when executed well, minimizes resources and unintended consequences alike,” Katz begins.

The same dichotomy applies here, Katz argues. “This can be open war, with all the fallout that portends, or it could be something more surgical. The United States and much of the world so far have gone in for the former,” he states.

“I write now with a sense of urgency to make sure we consider the surgical approach, while there is still time,” he warns..." https://www.dailywire.com/news/prevention-expert-data-suggests-our-fight-against-coronavirus-may-be-worse-than-the-disease

• Thanks 1