Voluntary compliance?

pipedreams

Voluntary is a nice word for you better do it or else.

Can you imagine if the wrong person is in the W.H..

"“We are all about voluntary compliance. We ask for cooperation,” the official said. “The second time we go back, and it’s not just a slight oversight when you have 40 people inside. I think it’s quite clear … that we’re in the middle of a pandemic that we’ve never experienced. We just don’t have time to go back and ask for compliance 3, 4, 5 times.”

The establishment has been padlocked and barricaded, and officials are also looking to remove its liquor license and food permits."

https://www.wlwt.com/article/police-west-side-restaurant-offered-sit-down-buffet-defying-governors-orders/31702370

https://nypost.com/2020/03/17/cincinnati-police-board-up-bar-that-defied-coronavirus-shut-down-order/

Edited by pipedreams
  • Like 4

Then ya got the lady in NJ who gave a wrong name and address, tested positive, and has been on the loose for a couple days. They finally identified her from hospital security video.  Or how bout the dude in KY who tested positive, and was so noncompliant with his isolation, that they parked a deputy outside his house?

People are only as nice as they are forced to be. Thinking otherwise is foolhardy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm chomping at the bit for 15 days of quarantine.  I assume "self quarantine" means staying away from groups and close contact.  I think it would be okay to go to the range, and keep my distance and downwind from other shooters.  I could order curbside pickup and let the server put it on the hood and walk away without close contact.  

I could write and post poems on TBS most of the day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Huaco Kid said:

"Ve haff vays of verifying your voluntary compliance!"

(and I can't go to a restaurant in this state because we are not responsible enough to make the right decisions,  and a responsible citizen is not an option any more.)

The lesson to be learned is that, the only people responsible enough to tell you every minute detail of how to live your life, are living theirs at your expense.

• Like 5