Motorcycle Thread

Rabbi

• Administrators
Just now, deputy tom said:

Very quick and lots of blue smoke. tom. ;)

I had the 3-cylinder Suzuki version. It was a 550cc, I think. It was quick enough, but I really hate the sound of a two-stroke bike engine.

• Like 2

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, deputy tom said:

image.png.0404d96800ac9f0c27df1cfdf5e5160f.png

^^ Just like this. tom.

Yeah, they had that an air duct over the head fins that they called Ram Air or something. My bike was medium blue. They had a separate tank for the fuel oil, so you didn't have to premix. The thing was still a PITA though. It could be hard to start. It was very cold blooded. It stank and the noise was really obnoxious. I didn't keep that bike very long.

• Like 2

On 7/25/2018 at 7:51 PM, Dric902 said:

My first bike was one of these

’63 Honda Dream

500159AD-2BD3-4F60-8F67-56347DEB6805.jpeg.08b99ed0b8eb83acd28de2850e99ac29.jpeg

I beat the crap out of that thing jumping hills in the backyard. Traded it for a 250 Elsinore.

i wish I still had it

Dad had a 305 Dream, black with the red seat. Neat old school. tom. ?

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, deputy tom said:

My older brother 's buddy Donny Bye had a 305 Scrambler like that. My brother had the 305 Super Hawk and was a factory certified mechanic. tom.

It's a good looking bike. My CB400F was my first bike and my earliest Honda. That was a great bike.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Eric said:

It's a good looking bike. My CB400F was my first bike and my earliest Honda. That was a great bike.

My last motorcycle was a CB400T silver with blue stripes. I sold it thirty years ago to fund my Bagpipes. I  took a $200.00 hit but was desperate to get those pipes. tom.

image.png.061885e1e5f037c84df2c02c9d58f348.png

• Like 2

My brother's Flathead 74. His first Harley was a flathead that he made into a chopper with canted and extended springer forks, after that he's had knuckleheads, panheads, and shovelheads.  This time he wanted to build a flathead 80 but found a good deal on 74 cubic inch flathead engine and trans and built a bike around it with a custom frame and sportster forks and an assortment of original and reproduction parts. It has the shift lever on the Left side of they bike.

Flathead80a1.JPG

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 3

• Administrators
1 minute ago, deputy tom said:

My last motorcycle was a CB400T silver with blue stripes. I sold it thirty years ago to fund my Bagpipes. I  took a $200.00 hit but was desperate to get those pipes. tom.

image.png.061885e1e5f037c84df2c02c9d58f348.png

Here is my favorite Honda CB. It's my Honda 919, CB900F. It was originally matte black. I took this pic as I was reassembling it, after I painted it.

IMG_2169.thumb.JPG.5f419b6c990ad415fde17351f778d3da.JPG

• Like 2