Motorcycle Thread

Rabbi

Factory Turbo Bikes were in vogue in the early 1980's.  All 4 of the big Japanese bike builders fielded a model.  But after a few years they faded away.  Too expensive, too complicated, didn't offer more performance than the makers big displacement bikes for about the same msrp.

246473505_Hondaturbo.jpg.ad56269e568d2c6cf7e76743ceeb63bc.jpg

On 6/3/2022 at 11:35 AM, ChuteTheMall said:

ATGATT

Ann was no stranger to short skirts or motorcycles. She loved them both. She loved Soldiers and was quite the advocate for MC and Soldiers. A very outspoken advocate.

I'll bet she was a lot of fun, and seems to be quite the woman.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LostinTexas said:

Ann was no stranger to short skirts or motorcycles. She loved them both. She loved Soldiers and was quite the advocate for MC and Soldiers. A very outspoken advocate.

I'll bet she was a lot of fun, and seems to be quite the woman.

MotoGuzi made the motorcycle Ann Margaret is riding in the video. V-2 engine with crankshaft parallel to frame. Think these are still made. Honda briefly offered a similar design, called Silverwing. In due course that name was revived for a large scooter. 

1D927571-E8A0-47F3-B395-212F66221D24.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, railfancwb said:

MotoGuzi made the motorcycle Ann Margaret is riding in the video. V-2 engine with crankshaft parallel to frame. Think these are still made. Honda briefly offered a similar design, called Silverwing. In due course that name was revived for a large scooter. 

1D927571-E8A0-47F3-B395-212F66221D24.jpeg

Originally it was called the CX500. Later CX650 and each had a short run of a turbocharged model. The Silver Wing was at the end of this V twins cycle. It was a shame too. As far as I am concerned the engine mounted this way with a shaft drive made the CX and Moto Guzzi the only V twin bikes that were done right.

And yes, they still make the Guzzi 

For some reason, I can not seem to upload images to this site anymore, do a search on Moto Guzzi. Pretty good looking bikes.

• Like 2

On 7/30/2022 at 1:23 PM, pipedreams said:

ed7927f639d6f7df.jpg

I still have an ignition key that will fit that BMW (or any 1955-69). 

Weird mismatched mirrors and non-original pillion (passenger) seat and maybe too much chrome on the fork legs, but otherwise a beautiful specimen.

Notice the beautiful bronzing on the exhaust pipe; they sometimes showed a little blue too.:banana:

• Like 1