It's getting STUPID

On 3/17/2020 at 11:51 AM, tadbart said:

Interesting! I never considered such a project! Had a really great spicy horseradishy mustard at a German place in Charleston. This gives me ideas, since we're all gonna be cooped up for the foreseeable future, anyhow.

Goodness.  Most of what you need can be found in health food stores and grocery stores.  There are several good books on the topic on Amazon and of course you can have a fine time watching how to make fine mustard on youtube.  

I also make beef jerky, brew beer, make knives, can and preserve vegs and fruits in season, book binding, make ammunition, make our own soap, and run a ham radio.

Guy has to have a hobby. 

Edited by Historian
  • Like 2

Several local stores are opening their doors early to those over 60. I went in this morning to get dog food. Last time I was in, they were completely wiped out. I was surprised at the sheer number of Seniors in there shopping. Later in the day you don't want to be in these stores when the hordes come forth. Fat baby mommas fighting over wipes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm reminded of the time when "Compassionate Conservative"  GW Bush started signing bills that spent tons of money, grew government, usurped power, restricted liberty, and was praised by right wingers who had criticized Clinton for signing bills that spent tons of money, grew government, usurped power, and restricted liberty.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/17/2020 at 5:36 PM, holyjohnson said:

was already enough to make Tom Brady Leave!

And related to the Dems Great vs Reps Great competition, many who booed Brady with enthusiasm while he was a Patriot will cheer him with equal enthusiasm if he becomes starting quarterback for THEIR team.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PPQer said:

I'm reminded of the time when "Compassionate Conservative"  GW Bush started signing bills that spent tons of money, grew government, usurped power, restricted liberty, and was praised by right wingers who had criticized Clinton for signing bills that spent tons of money, grew government, usurped power, and restricted liberty.

The only people praising him were professional republicrats that live off of money flowing though DC. The rank and file of the party, whole country even, did not like his policies on a whole range of topics. In fact he gave rise to the TEA party, a movement that was cemented by obama getting elected. Then it was attacked by both the democan'ts and republicrats who were praising Bush.

Bush himself I think was a decent guy, but he was surrounded by entrenched members of the political elite class and they have been screwing this country over every chance for a long time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Fog said:

The only people praising him were professional republicrats that live off of money flowing though DC. The rank and file of the party, whole country even, did not like his policies on a whole range of topics. In fact he gave rise to the TEA party, a movement that was cemented by obama getting elected. Then it was attacked by both the democan'ts and republicrats who were praising Bush.

Bush himself I think was a decent guy, but he was surrounded by entrenched members of the political elite class and they have been screwing this country over every chance for a long time.

This is the prevailing problem for anyone that thinks they will do what's best for the country and the people.  It's contrary to what's best for politicians and wannabe tyrants.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

lol.

The president of our company (my division is a small cog in a very big wheel),  just declared us essential per Gov Newsome's (California) directive and we are to remain open and fully operational.

But we can't have straws.

We have the same crap from the railroad. They sent us out a letter signed by the head of the Federal Railroad Administration that explains we are exempt from quarantines and police stops.

they don’t understand, or care, that a letter doesn’t limit our exposure or protect us from the virus. It’s real easy to point to somebody else and tell them they are essential an exempt....while working from their home. And then fire you for attendance if you get sick.

as long as the company makes money, and they can claim money from the feds for ‘damages’

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

lol.

The president of our company (my division is a small cog in a very big wheel),  just declared us essential per Gov Newsome's (California) directive and we are to remain open and fully operational.

But we can't have straws.

I'm probably topping the CIA and FBI's list.  I have straws and toilet paper.  I might be immune to the government take over.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Dric902 said:

We have the same crap from the railroad. They sent us out a letter signed by the head of the Federal Railroad Administration that explains we are exempt from quarantines and police stops.

I'm exempt from police stops?

Man!

This won't end well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Dric902 said:

they don’t understand, or care, that a letter doesn’t limit our exposure or protect us from the virus. It’s real easy to point to somebody else and tell them they are essential an exempt....while working from their home. And then fire you for attendance if you get sick.

as long as the company makes money, and they can claim money from the feds for ‘damages’

My son a Bridge Welder for the past 17 years also was given a similar letter signed by the Associate General Counsel of the Railroad. I retired five years ago as a Structures Foreman and it is times like this that I'm glad that I don't have to deal with their BS. It's amusing that at times like this the employees are considered " essential to the health,safety,and security of the nation,and is therefore exempt from all local/state/federal restrictions on travel/work outside the home imposed in connection with pandemic control measures" but when it comes around to contract negotiations they want to cut your Healthcare and Sick Benefits and extend your work hours ,while expecting you to take a wage cut. We were never "hours of service" employees and over the course of 42 year I had to work floods,burnouts,derailments etc. The longest I worked was 39 hours straight, 6 hours off,then another 12 hours straight during the Midwest floods of 1993.

• Like 1