I’m ready to share this now..,

Zonny

Zonny,

I'm sitting here with my guy, Mr. Riley Wilson, on my lap, thinking of you and what you are experiencing!  Tears in my eyes, running down my cheeks, blubbering with emotions!  My heart goes out for you in your grief!  Often times when someone posts a thread such as yours, others try to offer condolences by relating some of their own experiences, rather than to offer any relief.  

Being retired, I've been blessed with the opportunity of  sharing 10 glorious years with this Saint!  He has carried me through the fires, fought along side of me and was there for me when no one else was!  Always there to greet me at the door, tail wagging, standing on his hind legs, wanting nothing more than to be in my arms!  He doesn't care that I'm a little over weight, hair thinning, stinking of sweat from working outside, covered with dirt, looking awful, he just wants to hug and wrestle with me.  This soul has taught me many lessons, most importantly how to love and be loved.  No matter the circumstance, he was there for me and we are one!  The heartbreak of someday losing him, is one of the aspects of my life that I fear the most.   My only greater concern that I have is that I should leave this life before him.   

The fact that you chose to share your OP with us speaks volumes about what a kind and wonderful individual you are!  We all get it and are there, along side of you!  No matter how much we prepare, we are never ready, when these souls look us in the eye and say, ....................... "it's time!" ................. and they do!

I firmly believe that our pets, especially dogs have two purposes while sharing their lives with us.

1. That they are only here with us for a very short time and teach that we should love one another while we have the opportunity and to reflect on our own mortality.

2. To teach us "unconditional love!"     "May I be half the person that my dog thinks I am!"

Over the years, I've raised, loved, cared for, and said goodbye to many of our furry friends.  It is never easy to say good bye and while I dread the inevitable reality of step 1 above, I wouldn't trade that experience for anything, for the opportunity to experience #2!   

I saw a meme recently that gave me incredible joy, that showed a picture of St. Peter at the gates of Heaven with a little dog that was ecstatically,  jumping up and down with excitement, as a new soul was about to enter.  The caption said:

(ST. Peter, speaking to the newly arrived soul): ......................................."Oh, there you are!....................................... he's been talking about you non-stop for 50 years!

Focus on that eternal reunion and pat yourself on the back for a job, well done!  God will bless you!  

PS: I also saw recently another meme that had a new arrival at the Throne of God, with a dog sitting on it, saying to a new arrival, being perplexed at this vision of God,.................................. What else would you have expected?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/11/2020 at 9:42 PM, deputy tom said:

Zonny, I'm so sorry for your loss. I went thru this not long ago and several times before. I send prayers to you and for your little girl. I told the vet and our children we won't be getting any more pets once the remaining expire. I can't take the heartbreak.  tom.

I told my self I would let the number be dwindling, but a neighbor’s cat moved in and had her kittens here. Oh well...

• Like 4

On 3/11/2020 at 10:42 PM, deputy tom said:

I told the vet and our children we won't be getting any more pets once the remaining expire.

I had to tell my wife that I wouldn't go and get another kitty.

I'm waiting for another kitty to find me.

Edited by Huaco Kid
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Am sorry for your loss.  I have lost many through the years and it never gets easier.  I remember them all well.  Each time I say no more dogs as I don't want the pain of losing, another finds it's way into my life.  God's way with dogs I guess.

Dave..

Edited by DrB
  • Like 4

On 3/12/2020 at 11:04 AM, Doc McGlock said:

Often times when someone posts a thread such as yours, others try to offer condolences by relating some of their own experiences, rather than to offer any relief. 

Don't be sad that they're gone.  Be happy that you knew them!

(Works for people too.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4