It's just weed, man...

TBO

2 hours ago, TBO said:

Washington home buried under 15-foot mountain of tumbleweed

https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-home-buried-tumbleweed

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

I wonder if a decent sized Snow Blower would lesson the problem.  At the very least it could compact the problem.

The lesson here is, don't build on a Tumble Weed thoroughfare.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2

When we lived in Arizona in the early 1960s, Scottsdale was expanding and folk built subdivisions in and around nearby dry river beds.

Then, it rained.

It rained a lot.

And they complained, How dare nature put water back in dry river beds!

:biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, tous said:

When we lived in Arizona in the early 1960s, Scottsdale was expanding and folk built subdivisions in and around nearby dry river beds.

Then, it rained.

It rained a lot.

And they complained, How dare nature put water back in dry river beds!

:biggrin:

We have the same people building along the RR tracks cause the land is cheap due to the noise.  Then they complain about the train whistles at the crossing so they want the Whistles banned...…………..  Some people's kids...…………….  They made the whistles optional for the train engineers.

• Like 2

Had the same problem in St. Louis.

When the built Lambert Field, it was out in the middle of nowhere.

Then, the built houses right up to the end of the runways and all the folk wanted the airport to shut down because the aircraft were noisy.

I guess there were silent aircraft when those numpties bought their houses.

My suggestion, sell the homes to deaf people -- cheap.

The same in what was rural county land with farms, dairy  and pig operations.  Folk built houses next to the agriculture and then complained about the smell, demanded that the farms be shut down.

:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, tous said:

Had the same problem in St. Louis.

When the built Lambert Field, it was out in the middle of nowhere.

Then, the built houses right up to the end of the runways and all the folk wanted the airport to shut down because the aircraft were noisy.

I guess there were silent aircraft when those numpties bought their houses.

My suggestion, sell the homes to deaf people -- cheap.

The same in what was rural county land with farms, dairy  and pig operations.  Folk built houses next to the agriculture and then complained about the smell, demanded that the farms be shut down.

:rolleyes:

On the route to our remote (non-magnetic) test facility, I had to pass a large scale Pig Farm.  I used to see for how many miles I could hold my breath.  God, that was something.  But, they were there first.

• Like 2

Dick Wilde, 73, has pleaded for help from locals to clear thousands of tumbleweeds that strong winds have blown into his garden.

His home in Kennewick, Wash., is surrounded by piles of dry weeds from nearby wheat fields.

A combination of strong 60 mph winds and dry weather has led to huge balls of weeds being blown right across the town.

i see a story in a story here...

i have a Dairy Farmer/Rancher in law in Western North Dakota and he asked me once years ago if i wanted to walk the fences with him, because they had a tumble weed problem, i thought it was a joke or just a way to get out of the house for awhile.

we rode four wheeler s for the next 4 hours pulling Tumble weeds out of the wire and letting them go on the other side of the wire.

• Like 1

Dick Wilde, 73, has pleaded for help from locals to clear thousands of tumbleweeds that strong winds have blown into his garden.
His home in Kennewick, Wash., is surrounded by piles of dry weeds from nearby wheat fields.
A combination of strong 60 mph winds and dry weather has led to huge balls of weeds being blown right across the town.

i see a story in a story here...

i have a Dairy Farmer/Rancher in law in Western North Dakota and he asked me once years ago if i wanted to walk the fences with him, because they had a tumble weed problem, i thought it was a joke or just a way to get out of the house for awhile.
we rode four wheeler s for the next 4 hours pulling Tumble weeds out of the wire and letting them go on the other side of the wire.
Did you light them on fire first? :tbo:

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

• Thanks 1