... and all the boards did shrink.

gwalchmai

2 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

I'm going to lose a few pounds, and the advisors that be say I should drink 64 oz of water every day. I just started and I must say it's taking a conscious effort to drink it, and a lot of planning to always be near bathrooms.

Y'all stay hydrated?

Actually no.  When I think my weight is bothering me, I quit eating, I'm not selective.  It irritates my wife, but it works for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dric902 said:

The lovely and long suffering Mamasita Caliente is always bringing me bottles of water during my recovery.

I say “that’s the weakest coffee I’ve ever seen”

My God man!  how do you exist on nothing but food and water!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

I'm going to lose a few pounds, and the advisors that be say I should drink 64 oz of water every day. I just started and I must say it's taking a conscious effort to drink it, and a lot of planning to always be near bathrooms.

Y'all stay hydrated?

Most American's are dehydrated all the time. Chronically. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, janice6 said:

My God man!  how do you exist on nothing but food and water!

Scotch.  It is a food group.  You have highland, lowland, islands....for diversity....even blended whiskey...although i normally don't drink such beverages.

Lagavulin ....everything else is a shot in the dark.  Might be ok, might not.

The only other drink is black coffee.  Extra bitter...like my soul. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dric902 said:

Is rough man, it’s rough

caffeine should be a food group.

It is one of my major ones.  I remember how pissed my wife was when I showed her the announcement that the largest study of it's kind, has shown that Coffee has proven to extend life.  But only when something like) 6 or more cups were consumed in a day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, janice6 said:

It is one of my major ones.  I remember how pissed my wife was when I showed her the announcement that the largest study of it's kind, has shown that Coffee has proven to extend life.  But only when something like) 6 or more cups were consumed in a day.

I will give up all my worldly vices but not my coffee.

I will promise not the swear (and i have developed it to an art form), get angry, eat too much red meat, and drink more than my share of whiskey and beer.  I will even give up my occasional cigar or pipe.

But from my cold dead hands will you take my cup of joy.  My cup of kindness...my cup of black coffee.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, gwalchmai said:

Y'all stay hydrated?

On the run again...

2 hours ago, Historian said:

I will give up all my worldly vices but not my coffee.

I will promise not the swear (and i have developed it to an art form), get angry, eat too much red meat, and drink more than my share of whiskey and beer.  I will even give up my occasional cigar or pipe.

But from my cold dead hands will you take my cup of joy.  My cup of kindness...my cup of black coffee.

IMG_0942.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jmohme said:

IMG_0942.JPG

One of the times my wife and I took my sister out for lunch.  I ordered what I wanted to eat and so did the rest.  While talking to me during lunch, my sister reached over to my plate and took a French fry then ate it. 

When she reached a second time, I picked up my fork and looked at her.  I said I will buy you anything you want to eat.  But don't you ever take food off my plate!

She at least learned some manners while dining with me!  There are many things she hasn't learned yet.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, janice6 said:

One of the times my wife and I took my sister out for lunch.  I ordered what I wanted to eat and so did the rest.  While talking to me during lunch, my sister reached over to my plate and took a French fry then ate it. 

When she reached a second time, I picked up my fork and looked at her.  I said I will buy you anything you want to eat.  But don't you ever take food off my plate!

She at least learned some manners while dining with me!  There are many things she hasn't learned yet.

Sounds like you needed to order off the "My girlfriend's not hungry" menu... :supergrin:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

Sounds like you needed to order off the "My girlfriend's not hungry" menu... :supergrin:

MY sister thinks she can do no wrong.  That why she is damn near wrong all the time.  When she was young she got along on her looks. Now she still thinks everyone owes her.   That boat has sailed.  

Edited by janice6
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, janice6 said:

But don't you ever take food off my plate!

When I was married a friend gave me a lovely and thoughtful bottle of scotch.

A year later my sister in law was visiting and mixed that  $300 bottle of whiskey with Pepsi.

When I got home from work she asked if it was ok.

I told her no.

And if she did it again I would run her out the house with an old German rifle and a bayonet. 

My wife informed her I was not joking.

She was  ok with the less expensive bottle.

The other went to my safe.

Eighteen years later I still have about half of that bottle.

I haven't seen my sister in law in years...but I keep watching cops on tv.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Historian said:

When I was married a friend gave me a lovely and thoughtful bottle of scotch.

A year later my sister in law was visiting and mixed that  $300 bottle of whiskey with Pepsi.

When I got home from work she asked if it was ok.

I told her no.

And if she did it again I would run her out the house with an old German rifle and a bayonet. 

My wife informed her I was not joking.

She was  ok with the less expensive bottle.

The other went to my safe.

Eighteen years later I still have about half of that bottle.

I haven't seen my sister in law in years...but I keep watching cops on tv.

my BIL once mixed OBAN with Diet DR. Pepper.

my FIL looked shocked then laughed as i hid The Macallan.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

i drink 3-8 oz glasses of water daily now because it helps with Arthritis, it works for me but most people think its excessive.

That's excessive? 24 ounces per day? You could never live in the desert. I drink that in the first couple hours I'm awake.

• Sad 1