CWP - Did a stupid (with the permit, not the gun)

SC Tiger

Well, yesterday I was looking through my wallet and I came to a realization - my CWP has been expired since July!  Oops!!!!

Damn.  Oh well.  Did the renewal online.  Hopefully SC will be merciful and not make me retake the exam (not sure what the policy is on an expiration).

Folks - check your expiration dates on your permits.

Not sure if I will renew the NH non-resident or not.  It doesn't add much anymore, really.  It used to add Georgia but either SC or GA got their heads out of their ass and we worked that out.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Steinbrenner said:

Last month I realized mine was expired since February...
I had to redo the fingerprints since it had been expired for over six months, that’s the rules here in FL, don’t know where you live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were they worried your fingerprints had changed or something?

The website didn't pop up anything about having to redo fingerprints but I haven't heard back yet aside from the $50 charge going through (which goes through regardless of if you get approved or not).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

Well, yesterday I was looking through my wallet and I came to a realization - my CWP has been expired since July!  Oops!!!!

Damn.  Oh well.  Did the renewal online.  Hopefully SC will be merciful and not make me retake the exam (not sure what the policy is on an expiration).

Folks - check your expiration dates on your permits.

Not sure if I will renew the NH non-resident or not.  It doesn't add much anymore, really.  It used to add Georgia but either SC or GA got their heads out of their ass and we worked that out.

18 months is the policy on expiration.  You should be okay for online renewal.

http://www.sled.sc.gov/CWPFaq.aspx

Edited by Redhookbklyn
  • Like 1

I vote that unless you've already committed a crime that precludes you from carrying a firearm, you can carry anywhere in the US until which time you do commit such a crime and then you're on the no-fly list.

Some people are on the no fly list who didn’t know it until they tried to fly, can’t find out how and why they are on the list, and can’t find out how to get off.

What ever happened to the right to face one’s accusers and to a fair trial?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So sad that we need to renew a government issued "permit" in order to exercise a God given right affirmed in the Constitution.

I used to have a lifetime (until revoked) CCW permit, but the left saw that as a threat and changed the permit to expire every 5 years.  No grandfathering in.  I can't wait until I can move to a free state.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Some people are on the no fly list who didn’t know it until they tried to fly, can’t find out how and why they are on the list, and can’t find out how to get off.

What ever happened to the right to face one’s accusers and to a fair trial?

The government excused themselves from that requirement.

• Like 2

I vote that unless you've already committed a crime that precludes you from carrying a firearm, you can carry anywhere in the US until which time you do commit such a crime and then you're on the no-fly list.
I agree. This may not be perfect, but you get the idea...
I believe everyone should carry. I don't believe their should be permits necessary for carrying firearms. I believe there should be Constitutional Carry throughout the United States. There should be no such thing as a free 'prohibited person'. If a felon cannot be trusted with a firearm, upon release, then that person should not be free. If a felon can never again be trusted with a firearm, that person should be executed. There are plenty of folks on this planet. If one doesn't want to play nice, with everyone else, we don't need them. The guidelines for determining whether or not one can be trusted with firearms should be redefined. No more verbal 'evidence' allowed to be the sole determining factor. A person's rights to firearms should only be removed after an extensive judicial process, in which the person has been proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, to be untrustworthy in the handling and possession of firearms. After all, folks are protected from losing privileges that are not Constitutionally protected, by these means. The same should definitely apply to Constitutional rights.
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2020 at 7:16 AM, minderasr said:

So sad that we need to renew a government issued "permit" in order to exercise a God given right affirmed in the Constitution.

I used to have a lifetime (until revoked) CCW permit, but the left saw that as a threat and changed the permit to expire every 5 years.  No grandfathering in.  I can't wait until I can move to a free state.

I feel that there aren't any left.

• Thanks 1