How many rounds for Bambi?

gwalchmai

I know everyone here supports everyone's right to have an AR, and I do, too. But I'm sitting at my desk hearing 5-8 round strings from what I assume are deer hunters and I'm asking myself what are those deer eating? Regardless of what you're packing don't you owe the animal a clean, one-shot stop?

Maybe I'm getting old.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh yeah! I forgot about this one. About five years ago we had a deputy (a new york vegetarian in the deep deep south) put 17 rounds into a car struck deer.

Everyone had to go to training thanks to him.

The calls to dispatch indicated a battle had started according to those who could hear the shooting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Oh yeah! I forgot about this one. About five years ago we had a deputy (a new york vegetarian in the deep deep south) put 17 rounds into a car struck deer.
The calls to dispatch indicated a battle had started according to those who could hear the shooting.

A bit messy, but a sharp pocket knife to the throat is optimal if it can be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Historian said:

That's pathetic.  Pride comes from one round where it does the most good.

7 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

a broadhead tipped arrow into the forehead from N 85# draw weight bow will end it as quick as a shot from a .44

Yes, but you have to hit it first. I'll bet the Deputy in question was quite good at telling everyone how they did things in NY. Everyone I have met from the area is. They just look at you funny when you tell them they aren't in NY and you don't care how they did things incorrectly.

2 hours ago, LostinTexas said:

Yes, but you have to hit it first. I'll bet the Deputy in question was quite good at telling everyone how they did things in NY. Everyone I have met from the area is. They just look at you funny when you tell them they aren't in NY and you don't care how they did things incorrectly.

Last time i saw him he was talking NASCAR and had a can of Copenhagen.  He's been cured for the most part.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LostinTexas said:

How many times have you read a news story of a NY cop spraying the area and only getting a hit or two on the bad guy while the onlookers dive for cover.  Maybe the Deer episode is a reflection of his "training".