Pelosi threatens to delay Senate impeachment trial

pipedreams

Senate Can Acquit Even If House Withholds Articles of Impeachment. ????’? ??????? ??? ???????????? ?? ?????????? ????? ????? ??? ??????’? ?????????. ??????? ?, ??????? ? ????: “??? ?????? ????? ???? ??? ???? ????? ?? ??? ??? ????????????.”

"The last-minute twist was a stunning coda to the monthslong House impeachment process that had been meticulously choreographed by Pelosi and other senior Democrats. After the news conference, Pelosi huddled with top committee chairs leading Trump-focused investigations, and they emerged with a consistent message: The only story that matters is the president has been impeached.

If Pelosi refuses to submit the articles of impeachment to the Senate, McConnell can convene the Senate anyway, summon the Chief Justice, and swear in the Senators as jurors. Democrats can boycott, but they can’t stop the trial. "

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/12/18/pollak-senate-can-acquit-even-if-house-doesnt-transmit-articles-of-impeachment-constitution/

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/12/18/pollak-senate-can-acquit-even-if-house-doesnt-transmit-articles-of-impeachment-constitution/

• Thanks 2

Democretins are so retarded.  What, precisely, would they accomplish if they could hold up the trial?  Because without a vote to convict in the Senate, Trump remains President.  And you can be damn sure he's going to get re-elected, along with a bunch of other anything-but-Demcreeps in 2020, because this entire fraudulent charade has made plain the contempt which Pelosi and cronies hold for the citizens of this nation, and their votes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Democretins are so retarded.  What, precisely, would they accomplish if they could hold up the trial?  Because without a vote to convict in the Senate, Trump remains President.  And you can be damn sure he's going to get re-elected, along with a bunch of other anything-but-Demcreeps in 2020, because this entire fraudulent charade has made plain the contempt which Pelosi and cronies hold for the citizens of this nation, and their votes.

My opinion.....they are just going to hold on to "he's been impeached" since that's all they have. If it gets taken any further, it's a nothing burger. It is now, anyway, but in their mind they have impeachment. Sad, isn't it?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

The spin

there is no way the Senate will convict. The idea of censure got a screaming response from the left base.

if the send it to the Senate, they will lose control of the process, witnesses, and lose the vote in the end. They will be losers by a wide margin (they hate that) and the Republicans will control the narrative, get all the sound bites, and call their own witnesses to smear the House process.

they may lose a couple of D Senators in swing states and have a ‘bipartisan’ acquittal. Making them look bad (they hate that) no Republican voted for the impeachment but a couple of Democrooks may vote to acquit.

if and when the Senate acquits, the Republicans will campaign on it. If they don’t send it because the Senate “refuses to have a fair trial of the evidence” “we have no confidence in the Senate trial rules” then they can campaign on it as a voter turnout drive to win the Senate (very unlikely, but it’s a shot) telling their base “if you give us the Senate, we will convict and remove Trump (as they have seen the numbers and have given up on winning the White House)

it’s not about Trump, it’s about the election, always has been. They can’t impeach him and they know it, so what can they get for it? Fundraising, turnout, the Senate, or at least keeping the Republican majority tight and not losing any seats (maybe picking up a couple)

it’s not about “overturning an election” every election is about overturning the last one, if you lost the last one. That’s spin.

its not about the “Republic for which it stands” “defending the Constitution” “following the law” it’s about leverage and a campaign.

its not about “denying the people their President” that’s dumb. Not about the founders solemn oaths and votes, that’s spin. Not about destroying the country and everything you love in life, that’s a sermon.

its about power

its about seats

its about fundraising

its about trending, social media, broadcast journalism, name recognition, unknown reps that have never been seen before getting national exposure.

its politics

Edited by Dric902
  • Like 1

Just now, Mrs.Cicero said:

Well said.  This has been a rebuke of Trump for winning the election against Hillary, from day one.

Democrats are simply the schoolyard bullies that want their way, or they will create a mess for others.  

Well, bring it on.  I hate bullies of any kind and this is an opportunity for the American citizens to put them in their place.  They didn't approve of our elected President so they are being petulant children that didn't get their way.  We know that children that behave in an antisocial manner deserve punishment, and the Democrat politicians are going to get it in Spades.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi: "Seems like people have a spring in their step because the President was held accountable for his reckless behavior. … I have a spring in my step because of the moral courage of our caucus"
- CNN Politics

notice the wording;

WAS held accountable 

MORAL COURAGE of our caucus

its over for her, it’s not going to the Senate unless the lefty base screams for it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here’s the spin:

.@SenSchumer on calling for witnesses to testify in the impeachment trial: "The truth should come out, and we are pushing to get the truth - not a sham trial where nothing new is learned.

Clyburn:

The best I can do is this: “Senate Republicans are openly in the tank for Trump, boasting that they’re not impartial. Withholding the articles is a way to protest that. Republicans spent two months calling the House proceedings a sham, now Democrats are going to return the favor by highlighting the GOP’s own sham process.”

.@johnberman: “Are you suggesting it's possible you will never transmit the articles of impeachment [to the Senate]?”
Rep. Clyburn: “If it were me, yes, that's what I'm saying.”

if they can’t get what they want then it’s the Republicans fault for the tableing of the impeachment as a “fair and impartial” set of rules cannot be reached. 
typical Democrap tactic, “you are forcing me to take this drastic action because you won’t work with me”

you have a Senator and a Representative both using the word “sham” 

Edited by Dric902
  • Thanks 1

Yep.  Pelosi "threatens" to delay sending the impeachment to the Senate. 

This isn't threatening, it's simply the only thing she has left.  If she promptly sent the impeachment to the Senate, it would be the end of it right there. It would go down the Rat hole it came from and nobody would care.

She knows that if this happens, it's over and done with, and there will be nothing more to do about it.  She has shown her cards and she is holding nothing!

This is the end for her grand ploy.  It will come to nothing, and the American people will send her party packing in the up coming election.  She knows she screwed the pooch, and there is nothing she can do about it now.  She bet her hand on a bluff and the voters are going to call!

The Democratic party must have a bunch of idiots running the party to think that this would turn an election.  I believe she operates with the idea that the methods to manipulate liberals will work on conservatives. 

Nothing could be further from the truth.  Liberals run on passion.  For the most part, conservatives run on reason.  Her tactics appear foolish and borne of desperation to conservatives.  I seeing more Democrats that believe she is throwing away her party's future in her vindictive quest to punish the winner of the last election. 

More and more Democrats in my area are sympathizing with Trump and voicing it on social media.  It's a surprising turn of events. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Yep.  Pelosi "threatens" to delay sending the impeachment to the Senate. 

This isn't threatening, it's simply the only thing she has left.  If she promptly sent the impeachment to the Senate, it would be the end of it right there. It would go down the Rat hole it came from and nobody would care.

She knows that if this happens, it's over and done with, and there will be nothing more to do about it.  She has shown her cards and she is holding nothing!

This is the end for her grand ploy.  It will come to nothing, and the American people will send her party packing in the up coming election.  She knows she screwed the pooch, and there is nothing she can do about it now.  She bet her hand on a bluff and the voters are going to call!

The Democratic party must have a bunch of idiots running the party to think that this would turn an election.  I believe she operates with the idea that the methods to manipulate liberals will work on conservatives. 

Nothing could be further from the truth.  Liberals run on passion.  For the most part, conservatives run on reason.  Her tactics appear foolish and borne of desperation to conservatives.  I seeing more Democrats that believe she is throwing away her party's future in her vindictive quest to punish the winner of the last election. 

More and more Democrats in my area are sympathizing with Trump and voicing it on social media.  It's a surprising turn of events. 

She isn’t trying to win any conservative votes, there is no way she will.

the Democraps are running a “Trump style” campaign. Trump rallies chanted “lock her up” the dems will chant “impeach”

the idea of firing up the base, left or right, isn’t new it’s just meaner.

increasing voter turnout by using hatred for Trump (that they fomented) isn’t much different than using the hatred for Hillary in 2016

“moving the needle” is big among political consultants. Reagan/Nixon style landslides are a thing of the past, it’s incremental and targeted districts for every office from AG and Governor to Reps and Senators. Having an eight year plan, six year plan, and a two year plan with keeping your eyes on the small goals of “one more seat, anywhere” and having people in position to take any advantage that shows itself, opposition research, feigned outrage over minor things or outright manufacturing the minor things.

”Govern?.?.oh yeah, we do that too”

Edited by Dric902

Just now, Dric902 said:

She isn’t trying to win any conservative votes, there is no way she will.

the Democraps are running a “Trump style” campaign. Trump rallies chanted “lock her up” the dems will chant “impeach”

the idea of firing up the base, left or right, isn’t new it’s just meaner.

increasing voter turnout by using hatred for Trump (that they fomented) isn’t much different than using the hatred for Hillary in 2016

“moving the needle” is big among political consultants. Reagan/Nixon style landslides are a thing of the past, it’s incremental and targeted districts for every office from AG and Governor to Reps and Senators. Having an eight year plan, six year plan, and a two year plan with keeping your eyes on the small goals of “one more seat, anywhere” and having people in position to take any advantage that shows itself, opposition research, feigned outrage over minor things or outright manufacturing the minor things.

”Govern?.?.oh yeah, we do that too”

I'm quite aware that she will not win any Republican votes.  But that this is simply pandering to create an issue when her party has nothing to run on for issues.  

Governing is a thing of the past.  Both parties don't really govern.

I do believe this will bite her in the ass.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I'm quite aware that she will not win any Republican votes.  But that this is simply pandering to create an issue when her party has nothing to run on for issues.  

Governing is a thing of the past.  Both parties don't really govern.

I do believe this will bite her in the ass.

This is what it’s about;

Hundreds of veterans of Barack Obama's campaigns and administration have signed on to endorse Sen. Elizabeth Warren for president, as multiple Democratic presidential candidates compete to claim the popular former president's political coalition and legacy https://cnn.it/2Z2Edf2

Notice they aren’t competing for the candidacy, but the campaign staff, lists, consultants, and experts.

Politics is a business major

Every angle imaginable, and some that aren’t.

Teams of people who specialize in social media, voter registration and turnout, media consultants, interview prep, ad buys and marketing, opposition research, investigations, polling agencies by the dozen. 
For each district, state, region, demographic, economic class.

For EACH candidate.

It’s a very lucrative business to get into, if you are politically jaded and type A personality

what it is not about is America, the republic, democracy, freedom, apple pie and baseball.
Those are tools for the opinion pollsters to manipulate for the goal of....power and money.

And more importantly to the politicians, control of money.
Warren Buffet can’t make trillion dollar decisions before lunch.

Edited by Dric902
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dric902 said:

This is what it’s about;

Hundreds of veterans of Barack Obama's campaigns and administration have signed on to endorse Sen. Elizabeth Warren for president, as multiple Democratic presidential candidates compete to claim the popular former president's political coalition and legacy https://cnn.it/2Z2Edf2

Notice they aren’t competing for the candidacy, but the campaign staff, lists, consultants, and experts.

Politics is a business major

Every angle imaginable, and some that aren’t.

Teams of people who specialize in social media, voter registration and turnout, media consultants, interview prep, ad buys and marketing, opposition research, investigations, polling agencies by the dozen. 
For each district, state, region, demographic, economic class.

For EACH candidate.

It’s a very lucrative business to get into, if you are politically jaded and type A personality

what it is not about is America, the republic, democracy, freedom, apple pie and baseball.
Those are tools for the opinion pollsters to manipulate for the goal of....power and money.

And more importantly to the politicians, control of money.
Warren Buffet can’t make trillion dollar decisions before lunch.

I have said in the past that many candidates get into the race for the money, not actually believing that they will win.  After they withdraw they take their money and go home.

I believe the statement that politicians are lawyers who were to crooked to stay lawyers.  Professional politicians are just another form of the mafia.

• Like 2

Just now, Dric902 said:

Then there’s this;

Hoyer announces no more votes until January 7. Big cheer goes up in House chamber. This means the House won't approve a resolution on impeachment mgrs & to send impeachment pkg to Senate until at least January, 2020

They can prolong the time before they have to pay for their impeachment package.  But it's not justice denied, just justice prolonged.  They will have to pay.

• Like 1

if the case is Congress holding off on sending the Articles, the Senate can/should create its own investigation for a resolution of their own articles and table the Congresse`s allowing the Senate to call whomever they want as witnesses and admit anything they deem as Evidence, it does work both ways.

is Pelosi can`t make a case and needs the Senate to do it for her, the Senate should do it for her.

keep it in Committee until near the Election and make all the Dems. running for President of that party get off the trail weekly to sit in Comittee meetings over and over and over.

i mean they have a Constitutional obligation to uphold the Duties of oversight, right?

then sometime in very early Nov. they find The President Innocent and make a Yuge Press Conference Announcing it.

i mean Impeachement is Political, right?

Equal Branches and all that......

Edited by holyjohnson
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Swamp thing, you make my heart sing
You make everything partisan, swamp thing
Swamp thing, I think impeached me
But I wanna know for sure
Come on and hold me tight
I love you
Swamp thing, you make my heart sing
You make everything partisan, swamp thing
Swamp thing, I think you move me
But I wanna know for sure

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1

A friend of mine came over for coffee today.  We talked of many things.  One major topic he brought up was the impeachment.  I found his dissertation fascinating.

Because, he is a member of the local Democratic party labor union political action committee, and has been for much of his life following his tenure as a union labor rep..  He is the Treasurer.  His comments right off the bat were that he hasn't talked with any Democrats in his circle of friends, that back the Impeachment Pelosi is claiming the "public" demands.  

In fact, I was amazed when he said that he has talked with many of his own organization and they all claim to back Trump for the next election!  He said that Trump had done more for  America than the Democrats have, especially Obama.  He said that the Democrats favor Trump because he has helped the "worker" more with a better labor economy  and shown concrete results in improving labor opportunities and fighting for American interests in the economic world.

I'm guardedly optimistic that he is saying what many local Democrats are talking about.  He has been outspoken on Democrat candidates in the past, but presently says he is all for the Republican party over his own political party.

Obama and Hillary can take credit for turning him against his own party, he says they only cared about themselves and not the public they serve.

This will be an interesting election if it turns out the way people say.  More votes against the liberals by their own members.  We'll see. I hope this election demonstrates that Americans want representation that works for them and their country rather than functioning as organized crime and filling their own pockets at the citizen's expense.  We'll see.  I hope the Rhino's see the wall too.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Dric902 said:

And it goes both ways

“The Trump campaign and RNC combined took in more than $10m in small-dollar donations last week alone.”https://www.axios.com/democrats-uneasy-impeachment-message-b8765ca2-4a67-4c87-a11a-c29b41baf686.html 

They say in the article that Trump will be forever tied to impeachment.. I suppose this is like Bill Clinton was tied to impeachment and the tremendous effect it had on his political career.  Oh wait.  It had no effect on him at all.  Hillary and Bill took his impeachment as a badge of honor, and he wore it proudly.  With no effects other than the accounts of how it affected his intern and her drycleaners. 

To think this has any tangible results on Trump is fanciful thinking, and wishing on the part of his opponents.  The hard result is that it has no effect at all, and certainly nothing capable of turning an election.  He will bury those who used this as an only political means to compete in an election.

2 minutes ago, janice6 said:

They say in the article that Trump will be forever tied to impeachment.. I suppose this is like Bill Clinton was tied to impeachment and the tremendous effect it had on his political career.  Oh wait.  It had no effect on him at all.  Hillary and Bill took his impeachment as a badge of honor, and he wore it proudly.  With no effects other than the accounts of how it affected his intern and her drycleaners. 

To think this has any tangible results on Trump is fanciful thinking, and wishing on the part of his opponents.  The hard result is that it has no effect at all, and certainly nothing capable of turning an election.  He will bury those who used this as an only political means to compete in an election.

Don’t worry, the next four Presidents will be impeached.

it’s a natural occurrence now

• Like 1
  • Haha 2