Little things in life that make you happy.

Rabbi

17 hours ago, NPTim said:

Cussing and Bacon about covers it. Can't cuss here anymore. Next thing you know I won't be able to have Bacon anymore.

What?  We can't cuss here anymore?   Well ****!. That was going to be my simple pleasure....

Edited by Taco Junkie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love a good motorcycle ride through the rolling hills of the country.  You see, smell and are in the middle of what God created (for you aethiests don't get bent, you can enjoy nature too).

Also my dogs. All of the dogs i've had. I love how they run when they're in an open field and can turn it loose or when they sleep, and are dreaming making little yips and their feet are twitching like wild.  I'd love to know what they're dreaming. Their smiles when I come home.

Birds of prey. Their majesty when perched and in flight but especially on the attack.

• Like 2

I love it when you are on the other side of the house and your wife plays a recording really loud while we get it on. (OLD GT STYLE POST)

I love putting on brand new socks. They are never the same after the first wearing. When painting bridges I would wear a new pair every day. 

Opening a new can of tennis balls. Never gets old. 

These are in no specific order!

Spending time with my German Shepherd

Quiet and stillness in the morning

The smell of a fireplace burning on a chilly night in the Sierras

The sound of a Formula 1 V-10 or V-12 at full chat

That special woman's perfume

• Like 2

I live in rural, Rogers (Will) County in N.E. Oklahoma.

I can sit on my back porch, in my underwear if I decide too, and enjoy the sunrise with a good  cup of French-press coffee in hand before going to work.

All the while knowing that my family behind me is safe, and that we have a good, and honest Republican Sheriff Scott Walton out of Claremore looking out for our backs.

From everything I know, an honest and faithful Sheriff, and a Mennonite.

Unless proven otherwise, I will trust him.

rcsheriff.org

Can't get much better than that, for living a quiet and peaceful life in the country.

Edited by OV1kenobi
  • Like 1

Summer thunder storms.  In my early teens we would prime tobacco and similarly aged young women would work hanging racks in the bulk barns.  One particular young lady and I had made eye contact a few times.  She was from the next town over.  One day a nasty thunderstorm sent us running for cover from the fields.  I found myself alone with that young lady.  We kissed.  The rain had soaked our hair and I could taste salt from the sweat on her lips.  It was just a simple kiss.  I never saw her after that summer and can't remember her name, but I hope life has treated her well.

And I think of all that, especially the innocence of it all, when a thunder storm opens up in the summer.

• Like 5

*Not necessarily in order...

When you put 40 hours into rebuilding a motor with 105K miles on it and, about a 1000, inter-working parts - any of which, if not installed and torqued correctly, could turn the motor into a smoking pile of scrap. You turn the key and it starts on the 2nd revolution... 

Alone in the woods  - it's just dawn, about 25 degrees and the safety goes "click".

Dinner with my family...

Going to church...

• Like 2