most expensive thing your pet ruined or chewed up ?

ASH

used to have a pup who like to chew drop cords  for some reason , well i left the tool room open once and he chewed up 3 contractor grade cords    about 100 bucks each ,  and there was no splicing  i mean he made noodles out of them ,

One of our Corgi's (the one in the middle on my avatar) stole a cordless phone and chewed up beyond recognition. The biggest problem was that she popped the battery too and burned her face pretty badly. I kept her with me 27/7 for a couple of weeks. Made her wear the cone of shame and kept her burns treated with some medicated goo. She fully recovered with minimal scarring. I think we were pretty lucky that she did not swallow the battery  pieces and end up poisoning herself.

Our Chesapeake Bay Retriever will steal our shoes, but has never chewed one up. He does however have some strange fascination with bubble wrap and will pop the bubbles one at a time until either none are left or I take it away from him.

Edited by jmohme
  • Like 1

A Border Collie, still miss her...  She chewed a solid oak 8 ft. windowsill on a 2x8 framed window from end to end along with associated damage.  Too soon to let her out in the house alone I guess.  I still loved her for the rest of her life though.  I can laugh about it now.

Dave..

• Like 1

On 10/18/2018 at 6:44 AM, DUBSY said:

Not expensive but annoying. One of my Corgis stole a gallon ziplock baggie full of homemade deer jerky. Ate it all!

We had a boxer that ate a whole pillowcase FULL of Halloween candy.  The chocolate/sticky/wrapper mess was not near as bad as the explosive-squirts, which must have started almost instantaneously.

My daughter HATED him for a very long time.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

When she was a puppy, our English Springer Spaniel chewed up the wood trim around 2 doors, the wood trim around our A/C filter cover and the corners of two walls. This was all in our hallway/main entrance to the house when she was left alone for a couple of hours (not her first time).  Luckily it was a one-time thing. She never did anything like that again.

I don't live in a dog house so inside is no problem.

Though I was out washing a car one time a LONG time ago and decided this fancy flip phone would be safer sitting on the lawn chair than in my pocket sloshing water around. SEVERAL hours later I thought, oh that phone thing, and couldn't find that thing to save me. I even thought I might have left it or dropped it outside somewhere.

Next day, it all came back to me when I found the PIECES of it chewed to bits...

My GSD Baer always greets me at the car when I get home. About two years ago he did so as I was getting out and unknown to me my cell slipped out of my jacket pocket. 

I searched all afternoon and night for that phone. Next morning I got the idea to look by the car but found nothing. So I walked around the yard and house and there it was....chewed into three pieces. He even managed to destroy the SIM card so I lost everything.