John McCain Dead at 81

Wyzz Kydd

23 minutes ago, jame said:

I knew the ******* talk would fire up here, but I was hoping that his wife to at least get home first.

My dad was tortured.  Rather than betray his country he escaped.  Lost an eye in the process.  McCain has always been a punk.  

• Like 5

I respect everybody who serves or served this great country, but there are a few actions that not only equalize but diminish and even destroy such a legacy. In my book, he did much more harm to our own people as a whole than any enemy he was facing. I also call him a bully for sticking around so long, just to block changes that people have voted in favor for. But that's just my opinion and I'd lie if I would claim to be sad.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Silentpoet said:

I do know how quick cancer can take a loved one. Other than that I will refrain from speaking I’ll of the dead for now.

My uncle died of brain cancer when he was 46 back in the 80s. I was 13 and the one who spent most time with him. Every afternoon I walked over to the hospice. His case took about a year altogether. I watched him losing his vision in both eyes, I walked him through town to get out, I became his eyes, I watched him losing memory, I watch him losing bodily functions, he begged me to take him away from the place where he was supposed to die, and I didn't even have a driver license or car. My parents had been busy fighting all day long, and I had to figure out how to deal with all this by myself. This year shaped me for the rest of my life.

An aggressive cancer is a hard pill for all involved. I know all to well how you feel about this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, willie-pete said:

Damn; that didn't take long after he got off chemo.

He and I did not agree on some things. But God bless him; what a hellish way to die.

We just buried a friend's seven year old daughter who died of the same thing.

He sure did live an interesting life!

Edited by Historian

3 minutes ago, crockett said:

I respect everybody who serves or served this great country, but there are a few actions that not only equalize but diminish and even destroy such a legacy. In my book, he did much more harm to our own people as a whole than any enemy he was facing. I also call him a bully for sticking around so long, just to block changes that people have voted in favor for. But that's just my opinion and I'd lie if I would claim to be sad.

I agree with everything you've said. Cancer is a horrible disease and I've seen people die from it and I've seen the toll it takes on families and I would never wish it on anyone and I'm sorry for his family but I can't honestly say that I'm sorry that he died. 

He represented a state where there were areas that had been taken over by drug smugglers and human traffickers and it was so bad that landowners could no longer live on their own property but he fought against efforts to secure the border. Maybe this is not the time to say things like that but for the next couple of weeks all wer'e going to hear is what a great man he was so don't mind me if I disagree. I respect what he endured during the war but for the rest of his life he was an establishment politician of the worst kind.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

don't care for the man , but now he has passed on no need for me to comment on his record . i do know alittle about cancer thou , i lost my dad to cancer when i was 24 ,  ive had cancer and remission and cancer pop up  and ive been thru hell and have seen cancer work .  if you have or family been thru cancer with someone  there is no describing it .  

1 hour ago, Boogieman said:

My dad was tortured.  Rather than betray his country he escaped.  Lost an eye in the process.  McCain has always been a punk.  

A guy from my little home town was the longest held Marine in Vietnam. He escaped twice and was recaptured both times. Ssgt Richard Burgess. The only captives kept longer than him were airmen shot down before Richard was captured. 

Thanks to your dad for his service.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

A guy from my little home town was the longest held Marine in Vietnam. He escaped twice and was recaptured both times. Ssgt Richard Burgess. The only captives kept longer than him were airmen shot down before Richard was captured. 

Thanks to your dad for his service.

Ssgt Richard Burgess endured hell and didn't betray his country either.  So where's his battleship?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2