I miss Okie..

MooseJaw

How about a new room here, called OKIE'S BAR AND GRILL?????

Leave the corral in Canada.

Just an idea.

I promised him a lobster dinner and a trip to Sea World,

if he ever came down to FL.  OH GEESH!   Damn dust.

Edited by pizzaaguy
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I miss that cat, for sure.

I know some people had issues with Okie.  If someone said that at some point that he was human, I'd never deny it.

But what was undeniable is that he took the negative in his life and he turned it into positive posting.  His outlet for pain was being nice to people on the internet.  How could I not appreciate that?

I have a pair of camo sandals by my front door.  I bought them the day after he passed--the only thing I own in camo.  I like to think that he'd post a little high-fiving emoticon if I could have told him about it.  :highfive:

• Like 6

Okie was a good man, and is sorely missed.  I didn't interact much with him as I was much more of a lurker and reader than a poster back then, but I can't recall seeing an unkind word from him.  It seemed we were all cats in various salt mines as far as he was concerned, and most everyone he interacted with was referred to by him as 'my friend'.  He was a big guy - I think he had to be, in order to hold that big heart of his.

It was a real shock to read of his passing

RIP, my friend.

-Pat

Edited by Cubdriver
Fix bad syntax
  • Like 1

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Eric said:

I have a nice pic of him in TBS's Gallery.

He rocked that mullet, didn't he?:460: I need to name something over here after him. Sharon too.

• Like 4

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Sigobsessed said:

I agree! We could use the Sharon smiley here as well!

It's already here.:redhead:

When you click on the smiley icon at the top of the message posting form, click on the 'Categories' icon on the upper-right of the smiley box. Choose 'Default'. There are something like 282 smilies. Choose one you like. The most recent smilies you choose will populate the 'Overview' category, or the 'Emoticons I've Used Recently' area, at the top of the smiley box, when you open it for the first time in a thread. It is a little complicated, but that is how it functions by default. I'll try to a streamline the process, when I get a chance.

• Like 3