Line outside gun store...in Texas even

Rabbi

38 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I have never see guns and ammo that could tell you what the shooters nationality was.  But these are tough times.

Mission Ridge is a high dollars gun shop/shooting range. 

orientals like to flaunt their cash, hence they usually shop at big dollars stores. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Fnfalman said:

Mission Ridge is a high dollars gun shop/shooting range. 

orientals like to flaunt their cash, hence they usually shop at big dollars stores. 

They really stand out in San Antonio....because there are very few Asians.   There are very few Blacks as well.  Majority Hispanic with most of the remainder being white.  The town is also fairly well mixed.  Sure, there is some segregation among the lower economic strata, but the well off live in mixed neighborhoods.  

On the north side of town, if you see a non hispanic minority, the easy bet is they are military.  (San Antonio is "Military City USA" That is literally the  official slogan) 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rabbi said:

On the north side of town, if you see a non hispanic minority, the easy bet is they are military.  (San Antonio is "Military City USA" That is literally the  official slogan) 

Well, San Antonio does have Lackland, Randolph, and Fort Sam. 

54 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I have been shot at by a Deer rifle.  They do have a distinctive sound when aimed at you.  I returned a round just to clear up any confusion.  It was a quiet day after that.

We returned fire as well.  As much as we had, as often as we could, until the matter was resolved.

Similar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Rabbi said:

They really stand out in San Antonio....because there are very few Asians.   There are very few Blacks as well.  Majority Hispanic with most of the remainder being white.  The town is also fairly well mixed.  Sure, there is some segregation among the lower economic strata, but the well off live in mixed neighborhoods.  

Years ago in San Antonio wife and I had stopped on a side street to get a picture of a classy old church building. About the time I parked a car came roaring around the corner toward us. Right behind him came a cop car trying to catch up. I want to say both vehicles were almost on two wheels as they turned, and that shots were being fired from the cop car. Not certain at this distance whether either was actually true... but I do know the whole thing was exciting. 

• Like 1

Just now, Historian said:

We returned fire as well.  As much as we had, as often as we could, until the matter was resolved.

Similar.

Lest anyone think I misinterpreted the target, I heard the shot pass through the brush next to me.  Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Lest anyone think I misinterpreted the target, I heard the shot pass through the brush next to me.  Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Makes sense.  Deer do not shoot back.  Normally.

There was a news story a few years ago about a hunter who was in a hand to deer situation and the buck took his rifle and ran off.

• Like 1

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Fnfalman said:

Well, San Antonio does have Lackland, Randolph, and Fort Sam. 

And Camp Bullis (which is a massive NG Camp, about 28,000 acres) and Camp Stanley, along with the Medina Annex  The former Kelly AFB (now Kelly Field) is also still a quasi base with a huge military presence. 

There are around 100,000 military personnel in San Antonio and about 250,000 veterans. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Years ago in San Antonio wife and I had stopped on a side street to get a picture of a classy old church building. About the time I parked a car came roaring around the corner toward us. Right behind him came a cop car trying to catch up. I want to say both vehicles were almost on two wheels as they turned, and that shots were being fired from the cop car. Not certain at this distance whether either was actually true... but I do know the whole thing was exciting. 

San Antonio has (had?) a reputation as a rough city.   I dont think the statistics bear that out.  Then, or now.  

Having said that, San Antonio damned well has bad areas.   I am a street cop, I know a thing or two about crime and bad areas. 

As an opinion and being well traveled, places around Cleveland or Detroit or parts of a lot of other cities are far worse than the worst parts of San Antonio.    Kind of like Boston, in San Antonio, I will go to the worst parts of town, in the day, to do business or eat. (stopping at night is another story...)   Even in broad daylight, I would not stop in East Cleveland if I was on fire and I saw a watermain spewing forth. 

1 hour ago, Huaco Kid said:

Never tried  to rob  gun store with only one round?

Yeah?

Yeah.  Don't do that,  It's a really bad idea.

They'll talk you into it......

I'll take your advice.  I was in one today and I think the Marine recon dude behind the counter would likely end this issue quit quickly.  He had a buddy there who was cut from the same cloth...and a deputy who was an LT in unit.

I felt safe.  I could have left my gun at home. 

They think i stop by for the free coffee.  They are right partially. It has that old gun shop smell with the coffee.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And then, and then,   I ate a breakfast that was ten times bigger than me.  All tacos. and eggs and potatos ( papas!)And chorizo. and stuffed in my face  And a lot of that ****.

And they said, "Would you like more?"

And I said, "No, thank you."

And they said, "Wrong."

And brought me fifty more plates of chorizo.  and eggs. and. and they made put the hottest stuff on my own.

And then they said, "Would you like our famous Waffles!?"

And I said, "Yes!"

And they said, "We don't have waffles!   You get chorizo!!!"

It's pretty good with syrup on it.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

And then, and then,   I ate a breakfast that was ten times bigger than me.  All tacos. and eggs and potatos ( papas!)And chorizo. and stuffed in my face  And a lot of that ****.

And they said, "Would you like more?"

And I said, "No, thank you."

And they said, "Wrong."

And brought me fifty more plates of chorizo.  and eggs. and. and they made put the hottest stuff on my own.

And then they said, "Would you like our famous Waffles!?"

And I said, "Yes!"

And they said, "We don't have waffles!   You get chorizo!!!"

It's pretty good with syrup on it.

I wanna eat there in September, if the world gets back right. Gimme the dirt, man.