Losing my job!

Zonny

28 minutes ago, Zonny said:

3 weeks from today!!  Just in time to retire. Woohoo! 

Retirement typically includes several waves of boredom before you realize that you can start doing all the things you've always wanted to.

I got a certificate in "Internet Programming."

I wrote five science fiction novels: http://chronosscifi.com/index.html

I exercise (which I've always enjoyed).

I shoot nearly ever week.

I started to enjoy cooking. 

And I get to hang around with you guys. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

Retirement typically includes several waves of boredom before you realize that you can start doing all the things you've always wanted to.

I got a certificate in "Internet Programming."

I wrote five science fiction novels: http://chronosscifi.com/index.html

I exercise (which I've always enjoyed).

I shoot nearly ever week.

I started to enjoy cooking. 

And I get to hang around with you guys. 

Well, you can't win them all!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah, I was planning on doing so in June. This works too. My company is moving it's entire accounting dept to the office in PA. They actually asked me if I wanted to move but I don't think it was a serious offer. I would not consider it anyway.

I'm sure I'll find something to do part-time eventually. Not right away. Have some projects I want done around the house and a bit of traveling to do first ;)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

One thing to avoid, leave the television off.

With a hundred or more choices, if you sit and scan the listings, you will find something to watch -- all day.

And again tomorrow.

Texas is always a great destination for the traveler.

We have the Alamo.

And cowsies.

:cowboy2:

• Thanks 1

You won’t regret it... you’ll feel like you control your destiny. You will make all the decisions about things that govern your daily life. No worry about accruing vacation days. One tip: make time for physical fitness. Establish a regimen that burns calories. Physical activity is as important as mental stimulation. My $.02.

• Like 1

Take some time for yourself first and just look around to see if there is anything you mght be interested in doing or being part of.

Don't jump on the first or even second thing that catches your attention.

In time you will find your new balance in life and if you work it right it can be a very happy time in your life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Zonny said:

Yeah, I was planning on doing so in June. This works too. My company is moving it's entire accounting dept to the office in PA. They actually asked me if I wanted to move but I don't think it was a serious offer. I would not consider it anyway.

I'm sure I'll find something to do part-time eventually. Not right away. Have some projects I want done around the house and a bit of traveling to do first ;)

Take your time dear.  It's all yours now.  Instead of working to make someone else happy, now work to make yourself happy!  God Bless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

happy retirement , since last year being retired was big change , didnt know what to do with myself . if not for my grandkid  id prolly go looney   and sometimes

she drives me looney .  she will be 4 in june , she never had terrible 2's  but  this 3  is making up for it lol  . she learns timeout and no rides in jeep  and then

she straightens up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I remember when I told my company I was retiring.  They wanted me to stay on.  I told them that I spent all my life I worked for them, now is my time to work for me...……  I had been planning on my retirement as soon as I got out of the Navy and started my first job. 

Don't die for the job.  They will simply hire a replacement and you'll be gone, probably not even missed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1