Well, if I wasn't already not going, this would make me stop...

Cougar_ml

Maine still has a requirement that if you attend church you should bring your shotgun.

For the record it's illegal in Florida for women to parachute on Sundays, for you to shoot whales in Tennessee, and in North Dakota it still may be legal for you to shoot an indian provided you are on horse back and in...a covered wagon.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Historian said:

Maine still has a requirement that if you attend church you should bring your shotgun.

For the record it's illegal in Florida for women to parachute on Sundays, for you to shoot whales in Tennessee, and in North Dakota it still may be legal for you to shoot an indian provided you are on horse back and in...a covered wagon.

How do you get the horse into the covered wagon?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Historian said:

Minnesota is slowly giving our land back to the Indians.  The Democrats are changing names of things to Indian names, in cases of White guilt.

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

Minnesota is slowly giving our land back to the Indians.  The Democrats are changing names of things to Indian names, in cases of White guilt.

Well. I don't mind the names...but...i'd rather be because of interest rather than political correctness.

But really...no comment on whales in Tennessee?  How is a whale going to get there?

• Thanks 1

On 12/2/2019 at 2:46 PM, Historian said:

Well. I don't mind the names...but...i'd rather be because of interest rather than political correctness.

But really...no comment on whales in Tennessee?  How is a whale going to get there?

Clearly you have not been to a Walmart in Tennessee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2019 at 1:06 PM, Cougar_ml said:

How do you get the horse into the covered wagon?

I've wondered about that for some time. 

There are some interesting strange state laws.  In Alaska it's illegal to throw a moose from an airborne airplane.

You know...some used an air to surface moose on something.  Now there's a law.

Edited by Historian

On 11/6/2019 at 5:11 AM, Richardb said:

There are many Houses of God where weapons are not welcomed as part of  commitment to the faith. Whether this is a "practical" decision or not is not the overriding issue. Faith causes people to make uncommon choices. Their church ergo their rules.

This is true.  However, many religions relate the claim that man is made in God's image.  We should treat our bodies as a temple. 

Yet they go on to say that you should hold your temple, body, in such disregard that you are willing to throw it away against any miscreant that wishes to defile it by physical violence.  I am not especially religious, but I do believe that my life is worth more than the person who wishes to take it just because he/she can. 

I will fight for my right to life and my right to exist.  I cannot believe a religion that thinks I should throw away my God given life, in favor of someone who has no regard for life.  I will fight to live.

The church will have to deal with me.  I read the scriptures and nowhere does it say that as a Christian, I am worthless before God!. 

4 hours ago, janice6 said:

I will fight for my right to life and my right to exist.  I cannot believe a religion that thinks I should throw away my God given life, in favor of someone who has no regard for life.  I will fight to live.

God loves a warrior.  The Bible is full of references to it.  King David among many.  Jesus was a stud of a man.  Unlimited power as God in man's form...yet full of kindness and love...and willing to die for the salvation of all?  There goes a man far great than I will ever be. 
The concept of the just war is a based on this concept of fighting for what is right.  For what is Christian.

St. Michael...what more of a fighter do you want?  He cast Satan into hell.  His sword raised.  He's the patron saint of police officers and paratroopers.

"Takes more than combat gear to make a man
Takes more than a license for a gun
Confront your enemies, avoid them when you can
A gentleman will walk but never run"

Sting: Englishman in New York.
  • Thanks 2

• 1 year later...
On 12/2/2019 at 1:46 PM, Historian said:

That’s why there are locks on the Tennessee and Cumberland rivers. 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2019 at 10:02 PM, janice6 said:

I mean no insult to the corps, but if those guys were dropping from the sky with their skirts akimbo, I would surrender too.  My momma didn't raise no silly boy.

In World War One...the Germans called those men, "The ladies from hell!"

There can be few more totally facinating sight in the world than a Stock  Photo - Alamy

Bring me some whiskey boys!  I plan to wage war!

Edited by Historian
  • Thanks 1

Keep in mind that North American LDS membership is ~9,000,000 people in Canada, Mexico, the US, and the Caribbean Islands. Over 16,560,000 LDS members are in Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, Central America, South America, and the rest of the world.

The LDS church has to appeal to the rest of the world and comport with their legal systems in those countries. The LDS church is no longer an American church.  

LDS statistics: https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.org/facts-and-statistics

Edited by blueiron