Well, if I wasn't already not going, this would make me stop...

Cougar_ml

On 8/28/2019 at 4:21 PM, Cougar_ml said:

I was raised in the LDS church (Mormon church)

They just updated their handbook to prohibit non-law enforcement officers from carrying firearms in meetinghouses.

So basically, pander to the liberals and ignore the history of the church and teachings in both the Book of Mormon and the Bible about God helps those who help themselves, being prepared for everything, and instead they want sheeple and concentrated victim zones.

Needless to say, I'm even more disenchanted with the thought of ever going back to church there.

This seems strange to me since all of the Mormons that I've known reminded me of preppers (store food, and arm yourself).  :dunno:It seems to be quite a sea change.  I guess a few leaders can try and impose their revised word views on everyone else.

Edited by minervadoe

35 minutes ago, Richardb said:

For requiring trained LEOs to do armed security? Sounds like a plan to me, no wanna be cops needed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My comment was based on the prior comment in this thread, from blueiron, specifically "The LDS church has to appeal to the rest of the world".

Same with the left in the US, trying to appeal to the globalists, WHO, UN, you name it!

People (we) need to stop following every crap like blind sheep, and get back to our own roots. The constitution in its true and original meaning would be a good start!

Edited by crockett
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/2/2019 at 1:46 PM, Historian said:

Well. I don't mind the names...but...i'd rather be because of interest rather than political correctness.

But really...no comment on whales in Tennessee?  How is a whale going to get there?

That’s why there are locks on the dams on the Tennessee and Cumberland Rivers.

Unless things have changed we have United States Coast Guard on those rivers with locks. 

You ever notice the steeples on LDS churches?  Many contain a satellite communication system. The church owns communication satellites. Their world wide communication system is excellent. 

In time of an emergency, instruction to the church leaders and members can be sent out immediately. Including a call to arms if needed. 

The prohibition of weapons in church of just for safety of the members against accidents. This could change on a moments notice if needed.