Accused double-murderer's attorney looks for jurors who won't judge man based on face tattoos

gwalchmai

2 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

So how is judging a suspect by the statements he has tattooed on his face different from judging him by statements he makes on social media?

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/courts/article_77fc3c54-b799-11e9-b76f-4fecca9427a5.html

image.png.33dac4de4ca3f93bc9b5c7c8f9575100.png

It's simply a defense excuse.  Now he set the conditions, this will undoubtedly be his reason for an appeal.  The attorney knows he will be judged guilty by the evidence.  This is a ploy to potentially get a reduced sentence.

It does however, reflect his attitude towards society.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, refugeepj said:

I have over 70 tats myself.

i'll sit on his jury, and I promise he will get exactly what he deserves.

The supposition of our justice system is that we are judged by our actions and not by our appearance.

It gets problematic when you appearance exemplifies your acts.

4 minutes ago, Clancy said:

I wonder what his girlfriend looks like.

I remember when Sandra Bullock married Jesse James. Girl next door image and all.

I thought...”hmmm, maybe a little freaky freak going on with the Bionic Girl. I wonder if she has any tats that don’t show”

• Like 1

I thought the purpose of getting a tattoo was so that people would immediately form an opinion about you without needing to get to know you first.

Or. Why is it okay to jump to a conclusion about a nun but not about a guy with a face full of ink? They both voluntarily decided to make a strong first impression.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maser said:

Actually that would be really cool! 

You mean like Comcast!

I once called to sign up to a plan to run as soon as my existing one was done.

The CS argued with me, that I couldn't cancel a plan without penalties.  The continued this argument with me, while I was trying to explain that I simply wanted to sign up a new plan so when one expired, the other won would run concurrently. 

I don't know if they couldn't understand English, or if they were really that dense.  I asked for and got a supervisor, and when he came on the line, the CS rep told him I was trying to cancel my service. 

No one seemed to be able to listen to me.  I couldn't make them understand that I wanted more service, not a cancellation.They got so pissed the supervisor hung up on me.

I filed a complaint that the CS wasn't letting me commit to a business contract with them.

I would have preferred to speak to Skeletor.

Edited by janice6

Good luck with that, most of society will have a bias like that.  I have heard that tune before, putting detainers on potential removals at PNM.  I have heard this song and dance before.  One guy was crying that he was set up for more time by the prosecutor for more time.  I pointed out his neck tattoo might have something to do with it,  On his neck it said, "**** the D.A."

• Haha 1