what was the most painful animal bite you ever had ?

ASH

there is an animal rehab center near us ,  she takes in all kinds of hurt babies etc and releases them,  they had a beaver  that was tame , yeah a tame beaver lol .  it has a low growl , and i never expected it to be so soft , the fur was so soft .  i only rubbed it while she held him , name was wally . i told her my beaver story and showed her my hand   said nope . 

i take Piper to visit cause she has baby raccoons , posums  bunnies , squirrels , fawn , few hawks  .  Piper is gonna be a veternarian ,  she loves animals . and they come to her  and you just can tell 

I'm really surprised that there weren't more envenomation stories in this thread. The copperhead and chihuahua bites remind me of a guy I worked with on the ambulance. They worked a wreck in a ditch, and he got hit by a copperhead- right in the achilles tendon. Saw the snake hanging off his foot. Went right to the ER, got the CroFab. Due to the poor blood supply to the tendon, the venom pretty much digested it, instead of spreading around from the bite.

That snake cost him his road medic career. He's been in admin and education ever since. His foot drops, and he walks with a limp. He'll never be the same.

9 hours ago, DrB said:

We had horses growing up.  One young colt clamped down on my shoulder.  I still think I have a scar or two left from that.

Dave..

They always waited until I turned my back and then would chomp me on the back of my upper arm or the meaty part right below the armpit.

By the time you spun around,  they had pulled their heads back up and would be saying, "Yeah.  I'll do it again, too."

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tadbart said:

I'm really surprised that there weren't more envenomation stories in this thread. The copperhead and chihuahua bites remind me of a guy I worked with on the ambulance. They worked a wreck in a ditch, and he got hit by a copperhead- right in the achilles tendon. Saw the snake hanging off his foot. Went right to the ER, got the CroFab. Due to the poor blood supply to the tendon, the venom pretty much digested it, instead of spreading around from the bite.

That snake cost him his road medic career. He's been in admin and education ever since. His foot drops, and he walks with a limp. He'll never be the same.

Sounds like a partial disability settlement 

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Sounds like a partial disability settlement 

Oh, I'm sure. He went from Staff Paramedic to Captain REAL QUICK after it became apparent that he wasn't physically capable of working on the box anymore.

• Like 1

the people who say a chihuahua bite always makes me laugh ,  im 50 we have had atleast 3 of them  at any given time  til now we got 4 , ive never had one bite or hurt anyone ,

they must be a pitbullchi mix lol .   

some might find it shocking the second most  killed dog is hua's    behind number 1 pits 

14 hours ago, ASH said:

the people who say a chihuahua bite always makes me laugh ,  im 50 we have had atleast 3 of them  at any given time  til now we got 4 , ive never had one bite or hurt anyone ,

they must be a pitbullchi mix lol .   

some might find it shocking the second most  killed dog is hua's    behind number 1 pits 

Last dog that bit me was a chu wow wow.

My Yorkie.  I shoved the pill way down it's throat and he clamped down.  Damn those teeth in the back have so hellish leverage.

Go bit through the nail and finger by a finish nailer, but that doesn't fit the theme of the post.