RTIC Clearance

RenoF250

I find their soft coolers meh.  The first soft cooler didn't make it through one season without blowing out a seam, and I generally just use them to take smaller fish off the boat to the house.

ETA:  their ice keeping claims were wildly different then my experience 

Edited by Al Czervik

no personal experience, but the only reviews I could find on the hard cases looked decent enough, especially for the price.  I didn't need another long gun case, but I ordered a couple 18 and 1 22 inch case, so we'll see.  If they are half as good as my stormcase or pelican boxes are then they'll be well worth the money.

okay, that's almost creepy.

Order confirmed at 6:45pm , order updated with tracking numbers 7:05pm.  I guess they really don't want to give me a chance to change my mind about them.

oh, and shipping was free, so bonus.

Edited by Cougar_ml

10 hours ago, Al Czervik said:

I find their soft coolers meh.  The first soft cooler didn't make it through one season without blowing out a seam, and I generally just use them to take smaller fish off the boat to the house.

ETA:  their ice keeping claims were wildly different then my experience 

Damn, I order a 20 and a 30.  Hopefully I have better luck.

Ice claims are always BS.

I have some sort of a cooler fetish, hopefully this order will end it.

2 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

okay, that's almost creepy.

Order confirmed at 6:45pm , order updated with tracking numbers 7:05pm.  I guess they really don't want to give me a chance to change my mind about them.

oh, and shipping was free, so bonus.

Amazon does that all the time.  My stuff shipped pretty quick too, supposed to be here by Friday. 

50 minutes ago, RenoF250 said:

Amazon does that all the time.  My stuff shipped pretty quick too, supposed to be here by Friday. 

I'm cheap, not a prime member, and don't pay for shipping if I can avoid it, so typically they don't even bother shipping for a week or more.  A few times that I did do 2 day shipping they waited 3 or 4 days before shipping it with 2 day labels.

On 1/10/2019 at 10:44 AM, Huaco Kid said:

Damn, these guys are good.

A shipment left Texas at 6am this morning and is supposed to be delivered (in Pennsylvania) by today!

I must be on the FedEx **** list, I always have problems with them.  They set mine to ship and I got tracking number for all 5 boxes to be here today, 2 actually arrived, 2 are on the move and one is still sitting there.

I got the 16" case and backpack today.  My Targus backpack is better but it was over 2X the price, it is a good backpack for $35.  I am very happy with the 16" case, it has the best latches on any of the cases I have tried.  The plastic feels a bit softer than my SKB or Pelicans but it is plenty strong.  It is MUCH nicer than the HF units and made in USA for only $5 more.

Edited by RenoF250
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

It shows to be in Ohio now.  The driver must have stopped and got hammered.

The other half of the order isn't going to ship until next week.

Half the stuff I ordered shipped from California, the other half shipped from Houston.  The Houston items won't show up until the middle of next week, Cali items delivered this morning.  I ordered them within an hour of each other, so I'm kind of in the same boat.

So got in the 43" case and the hydration pack today.  Thought I'd share more initial impressions.

Case seems to be pretty well built.  Standing in the middle and bouncing on it flexed the shell a little, but didn't feel like it would break.  Put an AR and an extra upper in it and some magazines.  I didn't mess with any of the foam yet, it's the soft pick and pluck type foam, so lots of give to it.  

The backpack with hydration bladder seems to be very well built, lots of pockets in it, including some on the waist belt.  It seems just a little smaller than I was expecting, but if I actually needed another pack like this I could see shelling out the normal price, at $37 it's a pretty good deal if you're looking for one.

• Like 1