RTIC Clearance

RenoF250

7 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

They arrived today.  They're much bigger than they look in the pictures.

Now all I need is a gallon of vodka and a gallon of,  like,  I don't know,  Jameson.

Then I'm pretty good to go.

I got mine today too.  I am not real impressed with the lids on the bigger ones.  They seem to be ABS and the threads do not fit great.  On the other stuff, the lids are all different sizes and the covers do not open and close easily.  We shall see how they go.

I got my gallon jugs in a few days back.  Day before yesterday I filled one of them with ice, no water, and left it sitting on the kitchen counter.

now, about 30 hours later, there is maybe a couple ounces of water in it when I take the lid off and tip the container, the rest of it is still filled nearly to the top with ice cubes.  

I'm sure full of liquid would have made it melt faster, and my house is only about 60 degrees or so, but I'd say that's still pretty good.

6 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

but I'd say that's still pretty good.

With any brand of those vacuum containers,  leave them (with the lids off) in the refrigerator for an hour / overnight and then fill them.  Makes a huge difference.

With my thermos', I'll fill them with hot hot water and let them sit,  before I fill them with coffee.

Used my new little uber-cooler! 

At 0°!

To keep the hoagies from turning into bricks.

Shake up one of those little handwarmer packets and throw it in with the sandwiches.

MMMmmmm!..........      edible........

Edited by Huaco Kid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 more full days passed, bringing us up to almost 100 hours since I filled the 1 gallon jug with ice.

Ice has melted down, only halfway full of ice cubes at this point.  

43" rifle case fits my AR15 along with an extra upper and a few magazines no problems, seems solid.