Why I will never own a Tesla

crockett

6 minutes ago, crockett said:

Took them an additional 1.5 hours for the chemical fire.

The day we run out of fossil fuels I'll be walking.

Bunch of battery operated dildos.

Shorting out batteries is always a problem.  Now that batteries are the single source of energy, shorting out a large amount of energy, releases the energy in a different form.  Heat. 

This is analogous to a gasoline engine car catching fire.

This isn't a surprise.  It's just a surprise that it happened here.   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, crockett said:

Took them an additional 1.5 hours for the chemical fire.

The day we run out of fossil fuels I'll be walking.

Bunch of battery operated dildos.

What's that Tesla emblem doing on a Ford Pinto?  ?

I have actually been preaching the dangers of all those batteries for years.

I am not anti electric cars, but I have also said all along, that I won't jump on board until battery technology reaches a point where it makes sense. more range, reasonable charge times, and more stable.

Edited by jmohme
  • Like 1

Meh. It's lithium. That's what lithium does when it burns.

Ever see a magnesium fire? Nothing puts that out. Water just makes it worse.

You'd think that a professional firefighting crew would be pretty well versed in dealing with lithium battery fires by now. Hell, even flight attendants are universally trained up. 

11 minutes ago, Airmotive said:

Meh. It's lithium. That's what lithium does when it burns.

Ever see a magnesium fire? Nothing puts that out. Water just makes it worse.

You'd think that a professional firefighting crew would be pretty well versed in dealing with lithium battery fires by now. Hell, even flight attendants are universally trained up. 

Yeah but it shouldn't be starting on fire in these cases.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RenoF250 said:

Yeah but it shouldn't be starting on fire in these cases.

C’mon man.

Listen to the morning and afternoon rush hour traffic reports. On any given day, in each and every city, you will almost certainly hear at least one vehicle fire reported. And these aren’t crashes....these are just regular old internal combustion cars, well, combusting all on their own. Be it fuel line, oil pump, water pump, fuel injector, battery, alternator failure ....or a cat that climbed up into the engine bay for the night.

I get it. You hate Tesla and the people who buy them. Pelosi hates Trump and the people who support him. But don’t sound like Pelosi when discussing Tesla. It’s not endearing.

• Like 1

OCD fanatics love to hate. I've heard the same BS about my Prius. Uncle has a standing BS story of how a special bay at the dealership is necessary due to the explosive battery. The "battery" is a pack about the size of two diesel pickup truck batteries at around 100 lbs. Can be changed out in the driveway at home with simple hand tools. If a wire gets chaffed from vibration or other means, it can start a fire no different than the batteries in my F250, Harley or boat. A wreck last night in Polk County last night left an 18 wheeler and a Mercury Grand Marque in flames. One dead, one injured.