Old Pictures

Eric

f708562b231bdef8.jpg?1585687639

After the Communist grabbed control away from Ronald Reagan & his wing man John Wayne of the Screen Actors Guild in the early 1950's, that controls the decision on 95% of every movie made, there has been a methodical attack on everyone of our Nations Greatest Hero's. Nothing shows this more than the portrayals of Babe Ruth after. Sure he was wild & a womanizers during his first marriage when he found his first wife was a social climbing Gold Digger, but he settled down real quick when he married the second time to a woman that loved him.. Ruth had throat cancer in 1946 & wasn't given two months to live, but he had the 'Right To Try' a new untested treatment call Chemotherapy that offered little hope for him, but could give hope to his millions of fans, especially the kids, he lived two more years.. I reckon that's why in 2018 President Trump gave him The Presidential Medal of Freedom posthumously...
Although I could be wrong reading through history using my common sense filter..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

f708562b231bdef8.jpg?1585687639

After the Communist grabbed control away from Ronald Reagan & his wing man John Wayne of the Screen Actors Guild in the early 1950's, that controls the decision on 95% of every movie made, there has been a methodical attack on everyone of our Nations Greatest Hero's. Nothing shows this more than the portrayals of Babe Ruth after. Sure he was wild & a womanizers during his first marriage when he found his first wife was a social climbing Gold Digger, but he settled down real quick when he married the second time to a woman that loved him.. Ruth had throat cancer in 1946 & wasn't given two months to live, but he had the 'Right To Try' a new untested treatment call Chemotherapy that offered little hope for him, but could give hope to his millions of fans, especially the kids, he lived two more years.. I reckon that's why in 2018 President Trump gave him The Presidential Medal of Freedom posthumously...
Although I could be wrong reading through history using my common sense filter..

Somebody has to be the first.  That takes courage!

• Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 6:09 PM, gamboolman said:

Those Bird Baths are still being used today in the oilfield - in the change rooms.

At least I have seen and used them on several facilities - admittedly older facilities.....

We have a new one in the yard office, they’re still being made

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Seventeen year old Maria B. grimaces as the noose tightens around her neck, moments before her life ended. She and two others died by hanging in Minsk, Belorussia on Oct charged by the Germans as partisan accomplices.

328b50b4dec329ea.jpg?1585624975

Two kinds of hanging.  One is when you break the neck, it's pretty quick. It's punishment.

The other is slow strangulation and is long and miserable.  This is the one when you want vengeance.  :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1