• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

8 hours ago, pipedreams said:

image.png.cb94576b81586fc622630840b6d13408.png

When you aren't even bright enough to know your odds of achieving any office, it's presumptuous to pretend you offer anything to the voters.

More so, I wonder if those that run for public office with no possible chance of even showing, are somehow able to pocket some of the money donated for their campaign. 

Then it's understandable why so many clowns want to join the circus.  It's for money, not public service.

• Like 2

When you aren't even bright enough to know your odds of achieving any office, it's presumptuous to pretend you offer anything to the voters.
More so, I wonder if those that run for public office with no possible chance of even showing, are somehow able to pocket some of the money donated for their campaign. 
Then it's understandable why so many clowns want to join the circus.  It's for money, not public service.

Used to be, when ethics rules kept attorneys from advertising, newly minted ones ran for public office as a method of ethically getting name and face in front of potential customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Used to be, when ethics rules kept attorneys from advertising, newly minted ones ran for public office as a method of ethically getting name and face in front of potential customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now the predominate ads on TV after supper are extolling me to sue somebody for damn near anything.  They tell you to call and see if you have a case.  If you don't know if you have a case, you probably don't, legitimately.

It's tiresome to think that the public are using the courts to replace working for a living.  

Some of the ads say that you should contact them even if the issue caused you to die!  The lawyer ads are pathetic and training people to sue first, then consider if you have justification.

I was watching the tv news this evening at diner time, the anchor mentioned today being the memorial for John Conyers and that there was talk of making a national holiday for him, like Martin Luther King day. Are these ******* people stupid? The man was elected to office for over 50 years and had only 26 bills he introduced passed into law.

The biggest thing I remember is a few years ago his son stole dad's company vehicle and went bar hopping, while in a bar he picked a fight got his ass kicked then the thugs went out and vandalized dads company vehicle and stole laptops, files, etc. The fun fact about that is dads company car was a Cadillac Escalade, why did this ******* having a ******* Cadillac for a company car? He was a waste of oxygen and Michigan is better off now that he can't **** anything else up. His wife went to prison for defrauding Detroit while she was on the city council, another of his kids is a drug addict, the whole lot of them are useless. Oh lets not forget he was finally forced out of office because he used taxpayer money to pay off a "side chick" he had an affair with frrom his office.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/conyers-son-was-driving-government-vehicle-that-was-broken-into

https://pjmedia.com/blog/rep-john-conyers-son-takes-government-vehicle-out-to-par-tay-has-thousands-in-property-stolen-from-it/

https://welovetrump.com/2017/12/05/listen-john-conyers-son-brags-about-dealing-cocaine-and-on-his-dads-sexual-misconduct/

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/monica-conyers-wife-to-jo_n_494305?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmluZy5jb20vc2VhcmNoP3E9aXMlMjBqb2huJTIwY29ueWVycyUyMHNvbiUyMGElMjBmZWxvbiZxcz1uJmZvcm09UUJSRSZzcD0tMSZwcT1pcyUyMGpvaG4lMjBjb255ZXJzJTIwc29uJTIwYSUyMGZlbG9uJnNjPTAtMjcmc2s9JmN2aWQ9RDZCNTdGQkVGNzEyNEQ3MUEwNDdDOUE5Qzk5QkU1NUE&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAKmKmS1szwL1cxGXI4CrpwBaEjB6jEl4y0Qvg6PrxIXTwHAVZkOuUowtWYakq6FSfm1dALr05dw-GyvrW9TMtloK3KzEV0bXEdZSBlz6uoCCEnffpjZnrT4ZeTdRFjHBSUJj7PWr9Q08VlogbqRsG7Tvzi92Rg5CZX12hyQYqUyx

https://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/2019/10/27/u-s-rep-john-conyers-dean-congress-dies-amid-sexual-harassment-scandal/909300001/

10 hours ago, Silentpoet said:

469C0BFF-8A61-4F22-9112-A2CA5F6A352B.jpeg

And perhaps most important, the one that got a big part of its start selling to the bottom center, and without which we probably wouldn't now have the top three (I'm not sure whether we might not be better off in that regard, mind you):

image.thumb.jpeg.f1c0cf3a40efe50e205ed94242f88cd2.jpeg

image.jpeg.5860ff53fed0ad0ed26f11dfa9034f55.jpeg

Sadly, after the founders left, they began to lose their way and forgot how they got to where they were, and ultimately went off the rails (IMO) around the turn of the century after losing their culture and forgetting their roots.

-Pat

• Like 2