Random Political/Social Posting

Eric

15 hours ago, railfancwb said:

I don’t disagree. And colleges of education have created indoctrination centers at most public K-12 schools.

The question now for conservatives is “How do we overcome and reverse this condition?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem as I see it, is that education today is drawing the liberal type of person that, many times, lacks the self confidence and determination to enter a work force where you must be willing to compete with others who also have the same self assurance and willingness to compete, believing that they can win a good job on the basis of their knowledge and to some extent, aggressiveness. 

Case in point.  I had a complaint voiced against me as a parent, because "I looked the teacher in the eyes while I was talking with them", and "I sounded determined in my bearing".  This was seen as "challenging the teacher", as aggressive acts on my part.  Subservience is not in my demeaner.

These personal qualities are not seen much in education.  Education is a closed society with a stringent hierarchy that mets out authority and punishes individuality within the educators, since it is seen as a personal threat to authority.  There are some people like this, but the majority are not, today.

Educators used to be like this in the past, but that was back when the majority of educators believed in in the child, and what the teachers did for the child, instead of "to" the child.  This was the approach, rather than using education as a means of avoiding the personal conflict involved in functioning in a Capitalist workers society.

For the most part, today education is seen as simply a job, not as a vocation, or a calling.  It is a unique position where you do influence children.  The modern trend however, is to make the children in your image, rather than to instill knowledge, the ability to find information, and promote the uniqueness of the child.  Now, you are making liberals, not students.

My children have had some excellent teachers that understood children and knew how to encourage them to learn, instead of how to make them fear the same things the teachers do.  But, what I saw as excellent teachers are too few and far between. 

We are constantly being told that if we pay them more money, we will get a better education for our children.  We repeatedly paid them more money and nothing has changed in the quest for education of our children.  In fact, we see many subjects being discarded, because the teachers feel that to learn these things is too hard for the children.  We are getting less education and more indoctrination.  This is unacceptable.

One of my son's teachers even told him not to take a certain math class, because "they didn't believe" he would need it for later engineering schooling.  I showed the teacher where it was a required class for college and engineering.  the response was that "I didn't know that", but they still felt they should give out bad advice without knowledge.  Too many are guiding students on what they believe is important, rather than what is actually necessary for subsequent success.  My children are taught their social values at home, I do not want them taught at school.

Don't fall for the BS that "the village can raise your children".  It's absolutely not true and a terrible thing to do to a child.  If you want an example, look to the Ghetto, and you will see what happens when the village raises your child.  These children acquire the worst of social traits, and many time no good social traits at all.  You get feral children.  These are lives lost! 

You must be an active party to your child's education, and you must pass critical judgement on those who are charged with educating your children.  The child must learn specific skills to be functionally literate in modern society.  When they are taught what politics are good and bad for them, they are losing that time and ability for learning functional skills, and they are simply being turned into followers of those who want numbers to fortify their belief that others will provide for you and you need not provide for yourself.  This is disaster, plain and simple!

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 113.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

10 hours ago, janice6 said:

The desire to prevent the citizen from having the ability to retaliate, is strong in those who wish to rule them.

One of our despicable Senators was on TV last month crying about how she went to buy her grandkid a backpack and was asked if she wanted bullet proof or regular and demanded all assault rifles be banned since they have no sporting purpose. I sent her an invite to a 3 gun match, I haven't received a reply from her.

She is the same one that after contacting her a few years ago about an antigun vote she placed, reminded me that she is pro 2A because all the men in her family are hunters. How do you even reply to that other than to suggest she take a refresher civics class?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1