• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

20 minutes ago, M&P15T said:

Look how the trees, bushes, and general flora grow towards the road. Towards the source of their precious Co2......all to give us oxygen back in return for our car's Co2 emissions.

The plants grow towards the sunshine out in the open, in competition for photosynthesis. There isn't a significant amount of CO2 production on those empty stretches of rural roadways.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ChuteTheMall said:

The plants grow towards the sunshine out in the open, in competition for photosynthesis. There isn't a significant amount of CO2 production on those empty stretches of rural roadways.

I'm sure you're correct about sunlight also being a factor.....but it's like that here in our bumper-to-bumper traffic. All the principalities have to have road crews that go around cutting back the trees and bushes from the road. All year, every year. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, M&P15T said:

I'm sure you're correct about sunlight also being a factor.....but it's like that here in our bumper-to-bumper traffic. All the principalities have to have road crews that go around cutting back the trees and bushes from the road. All year, every year. 

Wind scatters the CO2 all over the place, it doesn't hover over asphalt. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChuteTheMall said:

No, concentrations disperse via pedesis. Yesterday's fart stinks less.

You're making no sense. 

We're not talking about singular situations. We're talking about vehicle, after vehicle, after vehicle, after vehicle, after.....well.....you get the point.

Not some fart from yesterday.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, M&P15T said:

You're making no sense. 

We're not talking about singular situations. We're talking about vehicle, after vehicle, after vehicle, after vehicle, after.....well.....you get the point.

Not some fart from yesterday.

OK, pretend trees don't thrive in roadless forests because they are chasing your exhaust fumes over busy highways more than deserted dirt roads and rails-to-trails and creeks where engines don't pollute if it makes you feel like a scientist. Your photos don't show plants chasing exhaust over empty roads, they show vegetation growing towards reclaiming cleared space, seeking sunlight. They continue to do this without traffic due to phototropism. They would continue to do this if everyone drove a Tesla or rode a bicycle.

7ac7m0.jpg..7ac8bw.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChuteTheMall said:

OK, pretend trees don't thrive in roadless forests because they are chasing your exhaust fumes over busy highways more than deserted dirt roads and rails-to-trails and creeks where engines don't pollute if it makes you feel like a scientist. Your photos don't show plants chasing exhaust over empty roads, they show vegetation growing towards reclaiming cleared space, seeking sunlight. They continue to do this without traffic due to phototropism. They would continue to do this if everyone drove a Tesla or rode a bicycle.

7ac7m0.jpg..7ac8bw.jpg

That does sound logical, Chute. I also like M&P's idea of trees seeking the CO2, though, if only for the liberal tears it could inspire. :greensupergrin:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ChuteTheMall said:

You eggheads argue over some really obscure stuff sometimes. 

Who'd a thunk TBS would be so intellectual. A fun place to broaden one's horizons.

• Haha 3

I am a friend of Israel and I admire Benjamin Netanyahu. I know some people have their problems with both of them. I might not be able to change your mind about them and I’m not going to try. You’re not going to change my mind about them and I can easily ignore you if you try.
Both of these Twitter threads confirm, as far as I’m concerned, that Putin and Zelensky were willing to talk about an agreement before the war with the Biden administration and other NATO influences destroyed that possibility.
DISCLAIMER: I think Zelensky is a POS and I think he is holding Biden hostage over all the information about money-laundering with Hunter and all of the US bio-labs in Ukraine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I never thought I would say this but, Trump is an immature @SSHOLE. I've always thought him to be a little juvenile but this is crossing a line. I think he must see that DeSantis would whip his @ss in a Presidential run and he is trying to get out ahead of it.
Trump reposted an image by a commenter who said rival Ron DeSantis was 'grooming' high school girls, and who posted a 20-year old photo allegedly from when DeSantis was a teacher. 'He would never do such a thing!' Trump wrote sarcastically, above a picture of a smiling man who resembles DeSantis in the bowl cut he had at the time. He is surrounded by three alleged high school seniors. No one has said definitively that the photo is actually DeSantis. One of the girls is holding what appears to be a brown glass bottle, but there is no evidence anyone photographed violated any laws.
Neither post contains evidence that the girls pictured were underage, or establishes that anyone photographed was illegally consuming alcohol. DailyMail.com has not been able to verify the provenance of the photos.
Lee describes himself as a 'paleoconservative' and Trump supporter.
The image, which blurs the identity of the people surrounding DeSantis, appears to come from a 2021 blogpost by HILLREPORTER.com. The post cites a 'whistleblower' who said the girls pictured 'are believed to have graduated in 2002, making them seniors at the time.' 
DeSantis, 44, taught history and government at the Darlington School in Rome, Georgia, during the 2001-2002 year.
He was fresh out of Yale at the time, and students described him as smart, 'smug,' charismatic, and a 'jock.'
The New York Times made reference to the blog post in its own article about DeSantis' time at the school, neither confirming nor knocking down the details of the incident.
'Last year, Hill Reporter, a blog put out by a Democratic super PAC, published a photograph of Mr. DeSantis taken with several female students from Darlington in 2002, one of whom was holding what appeared to be a bottle of beer,' according to the paper.
'Two former students, both women, remembered him attending at least two parties where alcohol was served, but they said that the parties took place after graduation.

00 Trump Vs DeSantis - Trump Is An *******.jpg

00 Trump Vs DeSantis - Trump Is An ******* - 2.jpg

00 Trump Vs DeSantis - Trump Is An ******* - 3.jpg

Unforgivable truth!
From the very top to the bottom, there are so many that have blatantly put America in harms way while clearly displaying their loyalty to everyone but America. When we right this ship and yes I still have the faith that we will - justice will be brutally served. America will never forget the America-destroying traitors and what they’ve done to our children, our freedoms and this country.

5f41522d731a5039.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1