• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 6:54 AM, Dric902 said:

I think the right has as much fake news as the left, this quote and Pelosi video slowed down to sound like a Foster Brooks wannabe or anything AOCis accused of saying for example.

but we like it so it gets posted, just like they do.

we list the things Obama has not released, but protect Trumps tax records and divorce/bankruptcy documents.

same game different sides. If you get mad, you’re too involved

The problem with the example of "anything AOC is accused of saying" as evidence of right wing fake news, is that it's almost impossible to separate the stupid things she actually says with the stuff that people make up as a joke. The woman is a self-parody and her actual statements are so far removed from reality as to sound like something someone made up to make he sound stupid. 

Actual AOC quotes:

"Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family."

"Donald Trump gave the Pentagon a $700 billion budget increase that they didn’t even ask for.”

(note: 700 billion was the entire budget, not an increase)

And here's an actual quote that she made in reference to what she would do if elected to congress. I challenge anyone to make any sense of it.

"Well, I think a lot of it has to do with changing our strategy around governance. You know there’s a lot of inside baseball and inside the beltway as you, you always hear that term thrown around. But there are very few organizers in Congress. And I do think that organizers operate differently. It’s a different kind of strategy. And what it is, is really about organizing and, and really thinking about that word: organizing. Segmenting people. Being strategic in their actions in really bringing together a cohesive strategy of putting pressure on the chamber instead of only focusing on the pressures inside the chamber."

And here are two Memes of statements this dingbat has supposedly made. Which one is the actual Quote and which one is a joke? (Hint: they are both actual quotes)

alexmemu1.jpg

alexmemu2.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

The problem with the example of "anything AOC is accused of saying" as evidence of right wing fake news, is that it's almost impossible to separate the stupid things she actually says with the stuff that people make up as a joke. The woman is a self-parody and her actual statements are so far removed from reality as to sound like something someone made up to make he sound stupid. 

Actual AOC quotes:

"Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family."

"Donald Trump gave the Pentagon a $700 billion budget increase that they didn’t even ask for.”

(note: 700 billion was the entire budget, not an increase)

And here's an actual quote that she made in reference to what she would do if elected to congress. I challenge anyone to make any sense of it.

"Well, I think a lot of it has to do with changing our strategy around governance. You know there’s a lot of inside baseball and inside the beltway as you, you always hear that term thrown around. But there are very few organizers in Congress. And I do think that organizers operate differently. It’s a different kind of strategy. And what it is, is really about organizing and, and really thinking about that word: organizing. Segmenting people. Being strategic in their actions in really bringing together a cohesive strategy of putting pressure on the chamber instead of only focusing on the pressures inside the chamber."

And here are two Memes of statements this dingbat has supposedly made. Which one is the actual Quote and which one is a joke? (Hint: they are both actual quotes)

alexmemu1.jpg

alexmemu2.jpg

Some years ago there was a computer program that would take "words", any words, and generate a document with "jargon" that was too absurd to comprehend.  We used to use it to generate fake proposals within the department occasionally.  I thought it had faded into oblivion.

This "female bartender " is proof that, that program and the ignorance to use it publicly, still exists. 

Remember.  She won her district when only 12% of the eligible voters voted.

"With 98 percent of precincts reporting as of Wednesday, the State Board of Elections shows 27,826 registered Democrats cast votes in Tuesday’s primary in New York’s 14th District. With 235,745 registered Democrats as of April, according to the BOE, this comes out to a turnout of around 11.8 percent."      http://www.gothamgazette.com/state/7774-a-closer-look-at-voter-turnout-in-2018-new-york-congressional-primaries

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Termite, are you posting special somehow? All the pics in your posts are off the screen when I view them.

Hold down the CTRL key while "scrolling the wheel" on your mouse.  It will reduce the size of the page so it fits on your screen.  Your viewing the screen at too large a size and that's why it appears to be bigger than the screen view.

t669qu4x31dz.jpg

Wasn’t a war fought to, among other things, end involuntary servitude? And aren’t those most pushy for involuntary servitude for medical professionals also the ones most enthused about removing Confederate statues and flags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Some years ago there was a computer program that would take "words", any words, and generate a document with "jargon" that was too absurd to comprehend.  We used to use it to generate fake proposals within the department occasionally.  I thought it had faded into oblivion.
This "female bartender " is proof that, that program and the ignorance to use it publicly, still exists. 
Remember.  She won her district when only 12% of the eligible voters voted.
"With 98 percent of precincts reporting as of Wednesday, the State Board of Elections shows 27,826 registered Democrats cast votes in Tuesday’s primary in New York’s 14th District. With 235,745 registered Democrats as of April, according to the BOE, this comes out to a turnout of around 11.8 percent."      http://www.gothamgazette.com/state/7774-a-closer-look-at-voter-turnout-in-2018-new-york-congressional-primaries

Was that the primary election? Regardless, that district is so Democrat that the party’s nomination is tantamount to election. I wonder why the long time Democrat incumbent ran such a poor primary race.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Was that the primary election? Regardless, that district is so Democrat that the party’s nomination is tantamount to election. I wonder why the long time Democrat incumbent ran such a poor primary race.

My uninformed guess was that the incumbent felt that they would be a shoe-in since they had already held the position for a while.  Misguided confidence against a contender that promised more free stuff.