• Replies 112.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

When I internet order (who actually does “mail” order anymore?) I usually use Amazon or eBay or a smaller specialty vendor.

Recently, though, I ordered a six pack size thermoelectric cooler from Walmart. Went to their site seeking a manual for the device to see if there is a thermostat type adjustment.

To my great surprise, they showed a list of my transactions at the local store stretching back for weeks - including a cat food purchase earlier today. Have been using Discover Card. And almost exclusively self checkout.

Now I need to vary my activity. Pay with cash - coin and currency - sometime. Use a different credit card sometime. Checkout at an attended register. All to see how thoroughly they are capturing my information.

Have read and maybe even noticed that Walmart has a camera to associate customers’ pictures with transactions at self checkout. Don’t know whether they can (and do) this matching at clerked checkouts. 

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

When I internet order (who actually does “mail” order anymore?) I usually use Amazon or eBay or a smaller specialty vendor.

Recently, though, I ordered a six pack size thermoelectric cooler from Walmart. Went to their site seeking a manual for the device to see if there is a thermostat type adjustment.

To my great surprise, they showed a list of my transactions at the local store stretching back for weeks - including a cat food purchase earlier today. Have been using Discover Card. And almost exclusively self checkout.

Now I need to vary my activity. Pay with cash - coin and currency - sometime. Use a different credit card sometime. Checkout at an attended register. All to see how thoroughly they are capturing my information.

Have read and maybe even noticed that Walmart has a camera to associate customers’ pictures with transactions at self checkout. Don’t know whether they can (and do) this matching at clerked checkouts. 

Scrolled further back and noticed that a transaction at a department register in “my” Walmart was on the list, as well as a transaction at a Walmart in a nearby town. Appears at the moment that my Discover Card is “the tie that binds”.

• Sad 3

12 hours ago, pipedreams said:

53b064dd602cbbaf.jpeg

Stand by your word!  If your word means nothing to you then why should anyone hire you?  You will have demonstrated that you have no loyalty to anyone, not even to yourself, and are a dangerous potential employee!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3