• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

I guess this belongs here. 

SOCIAL MEDIA SUCKS!

My uncle died. Then a few weeks later my cousin died. They were brought from out of state to be buried here where the family is from. Literally three miles from my house. I’ve had the same address and phone number for over 20 years. No one told me! No call, text it even a letter. Just a couple posts on a couple social media sites I don’t use. EVERYONE in the extended family was there except me. Second funeral was last week. Today I find out only because we heard an explosion this morning. I figured it was the military base. I check their noise alert site and it routed me to Facebook for notifications. That triggered a bunch of Facebook messages to me about the funerals. 

The modern world sucks. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Batesmotel said:

I guess this belongs here. 

SOCIAL MEDIA SUCKS!

My uncle died. Then a few weeks later my cousin died. They were brought from out of state to be buried here where the family is from. Literally three miles from my house. I’ve had the same address and phone number for over 20 years. No one told me! No call, text it even a letter. Just a couple posts on a couple social media sites I don’t use. EVERYONE in the extended family was there except me. Second funeral was last week. Today I find out only because we heard an explosion this morning. I figured it was the military base. I check their noise alert site and it routed me to Facebook for notifications. That triggered a bunch of Facebook messages to me about the funerals. 

The modern world sucks. 

If my death is announced only on Facebook I will never know I’m gone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

As reported by the Daily Mail:

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell’s leadership PAC announced a $7 million ad buy Monday on behalf of Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski, who is fending off a primary challenge from the Trump-backed Kelly Tshibaka.

image.png.4eb022ca938cb4f7a8f7d380560fa2dd.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

As reported by the Daily Mail:

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell’s leadership PAC announced a $7 million ad buy Monday on behalf of Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski, who is fending off a primary challenge from the Trump-backed Kelly Tshibaka.

image.png.4eb022ca938cb4f7a8f7d380560fa2dd.png

Think the difference between the two parties - so far as I know there are no Dimos. Well maybe one from WV. But lots of Rinos. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1