• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

20 minutes ago, NPTim said:

I think gene Simmons is a conservative.

Gene Klein (born Chaim Witz (Hebrewחיים ויץ‎, [xaˈim ˈvit͡s]; August 25, 1949), known professionally as Gene Simmons, is an Israeli-American musician, singer, songwriter, record producer, entrepreneur, actor, author, and television personality

Simmons was a supporter of the foreign policy of the George W. Bush administration.[22] He supported the 2003 invasion of Iraq, writing on his website: "I'm ashamed to be surrounded by people calling themselves liberal who are, in my opinion, spitting on the graves of brave American soldiers who gave their life to fight a war that wasn't theirs... in a country they've never been to... simply to liberate the people therein".[23] In a follow-up, Simmons explained his position and wrote about his love and support for the United States: "I wasn't born here. But I have a love for this country and its people that knows no bounds. I will forever be grateful to America for going into World War II, when it had nothing to gain, in a country that was far away... and rescued my mother from the Nazi German concentration camps. She is alive and I am alive because of America. And, if you have a problem with America, you have a problem with me".[23]

During the 2006 Lebanon War between Israel and Lebanon, Simmons sent a televised message of support (in both English and Hebrew) to an Israeli soldier seriously wounded in fighting in Lebanon, calling him his "hero".[24]

Simmons is a known advocate for ChildFund International's work. He traveled to Zambia during his Gene Simmons Family Jewels show to visit several of his sponsored children, of whom he has more than 1400.[31] Simmons said that the trip "[was] a stark reminder that life doesn't treat everyone the same".[32]

Simmons' family received the MEND Humanitarian Award for their philanthropic efforts and support for Mending Kids International at the organization's annual gala on November 9, 2013. The award was presented by Mel Gibson.[33] In his acceptance speech, Simmons spoke of his own difficult childhood in Israel in a bullet-riddled house. He recalled his mother's excitement when they received a CARE box one day.[34]

Simmons helped found "The Children Matter", which is a collaborative initiative with the charity MATTER that fights to get kids around the world access to health care.[35]

The four languages he speaks are: 
1. English 
2. Hungarian 
3. Hebrew 
4. German 

The two languages he is currently learning are: 
1. Japanese 
2. Mandarin

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 4/5/2019 at 7:51 PM, tous said:

Living in the midwest, one saw many Campbell's 66 Express trucks on the roads back in the day.

I miss them, along with Ozark Airlines.

I used to fly Ozark Airlines DC 3's when I was in college.  I always loved those planes.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Citra47 said:

I used to fly Ozark Airlines DC 3's when I was in college.  I always loved those planes.

I couldn't afford fancy airplane rides in college.

I took the bus.  :biggrin:

I flew Ozark many times, mainly on the Fairchild turboprops and DC-9s, just a few trips on the DC-3s.

They "Made It Easy for Me."

I remember that Ozark maintained the Big Bunny.

I used to see it at their hanger.

I also remember the Air National Guard station had an F-100 on a stick at the entrance.

Ah, the precious memories of youth.

• Like 3