hurricane

ASH

well good lord we got all plants sold and shipped , 250,000   all over usa and off to canada .  and took all plastic  off green houses  and took down green houses ,  we are supposed to get gusts  from 70 to 80 miles an hour with chance of 25 inches of rain .  but we got done by grace of god .

we got food and water,  genny , plenty of gas  everything locked down   and ready . my worry are trees , my youngest daughter lives in jacksonville so we got bug out if homes get tore up , we got double the insurance on everything . all im worried bout  are friends and family the other **** can be replaced .lives can not .   rumor is 2 weeks with out power  but thats cool we have off camping longer then that. oldest with grandbaby coming here so if tornadoes hit we got basement .  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I have lineman friends who are already staging. As noted above, the Cajun Navy and Redneck Army will be along shortly. Gonna be a rough weekend, and aftermath. Be safe.

From Andrew to Irma, and many in between, I'm pretty much done with hurricanes. F those things.

• Like 2

thanks .  its turning toward SC  a little now but we are still gonna get tropical force winds for 2 days , expected  20 inches of rain  .  im expecting a few trees down .  we got all what we need a week ago ,  a buddy of mine  and his two girls  ages  5 and 7  are coming to stay with us  they live in a trailer .  the wife left him a year ago  out of blue .  woke up she was gone   ,  so im all bout helping out .  i got the winches ready on jeeps  to help move trees  so  im hoping for the best .    in town today  there was  a convoy  of about 20  power company trucks  and  humvees pulling big diesel generators  .  

• Like 3

and let me say also my prayers and thoughts go out to everyone in the path of the storm ,  flooding will be  a record if it holds true  so everyone out there with friends and family  and just strangers   we will 

be praying for all of you .  i cannot imagine flooding   and those people will be  wiped out  for months and sometimes years .  i have time now im retired  and after the storm  me and 10 other local farmers are heading  down to duplin  and other flood prone areas to help as much as we can  .  i have some farmer friends  who still have tobacco in fields  and are gonna lose it all .  sometimes   you take a bite in the ass to see how good you got it compared to others  .  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

ASH and Al Czervik

Are there a significant number of people in your area that own smaller power boats?  Particularly flatboats?  They can be a lifesaver.

Literally thousands.  Carolina Skiffs and the like are everywhere.

I keep my boats at my dock.  But, the dock may not make it through this one, so they are in storage.

1 hour ago, The Biggsly said:

I hope you guys do okay. I know the company I am with already has men and generators down there. We are trying to have everything down there to keep the power plants, refineries, and hospitals running.  

Thanks.  I don't think the wind will be a problem.  But, the surge is already flooding beach towns.  High tide tomorrow will be the worst for me.

Just once when they have the local authority on news updates on tv giving an update would like to see them say, "if you have decided to not evacuate at this point, after you we told to evacuate, please fill out a tag with your personal information, attach it to your right big toe, firmly press your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye, we are not coming to help you. Thank you for your support." 

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:35 AM, ASH said:

and let me say also my prayers and thoughts go out to everyone in the path of the storm ,  flooding will be  a record if it holds true  so everyone out there with friends and family  and just strangers   we will 

be praying for all of you .  i cannot imagine flooding   and those people will be  wiped out  for months and sometimes years .  i have time now im retired  and after the storm  me and 10 other local farmers are heading  down to duplin  and other flood prone areas to help as much as we can  .  i have some farmer friends  who still have tobacco in fields  and are gonna lose it all .  sometimes   you take a bite in the ass to see how good you got it compared to others  .  

Y'all stay safe and goodonya!

well update ,  lost one green house , 2 pecans trees , got 20 inches of rain power been out since friday at 3 pm , til about 9 tonight .  we meet at local church in the morning with 2 tractor trailers  full of bottled water  and mre , and canned goods and water purifiers .    my basement  sump pump failed .  but the main thing my family was all here   and we did what we had too and got damn lucky.  now its time to go help

other places that got destroyed and may never recovery , right now its a save people and pets  , most homes are gone in bad areas.   we also had clip cards  to wear to show we are able to get in closed areas  .  

we all are very very lucky  . our genny worked great.  it was rought for good while .   the rain we got broke the old record set in 1877  for 3 day total  of a storm .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Al Czervik said:

It didn't seem like a CAT1 here.  It felt like a strong 2.  Trees are everywhere, some through houses.

Power is back on.

same here AL  we lost power  friday at 4 pm  got it back late sunday .  we got 15 inches  .  we got lucky  .  they are gonna have to look at the hurricane rating system  and i heard on TWC  changes are being looked at , ive been thru a many hurricanes  this was no cat 1  . hope you faired well  ,  trees down alot ,  still got alot  of roads closed . to get to town 7 miles away  i had to drive 25  around to get there .

Edited by ASH

7 hours ago, ASH said:

same here AL  we lost power  friday at 4 pm  got it back late sunday .  we got 15 inches  .  we got lucky  .  they are gonna have to look at the hurricane rating system  and i heard on TWC  changes are being looked at , ive been thru a many hurricanes  this was no cat 1  . hope you faired well  ,  trees down alot ,  still got alot  of roads closed . to get to town 7 miles away  i had to drive 25  around to get there .

FEMA contractors finally cut us out yesterday with the help of a grappler/dozer thing.  My neighborhood was trapped from the get go until yesterday.  Unbelievably, my dock is still afloat, but it needs some major work.

Fortunately, my house didn't so much as lose a shingle.  But, there are some compromised pines that could still come down.

On 9/14/2018 at 10:11 AM, ARP said:

Just once when they have the local authority on news updates on tv giving an update would like to see them say, "if you have decided to not evacuate at this point, after you we told to evacuate, please fill out a tag with your personal information, attach it to your right big toe, firmly press your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye, we are not coming to help you. Thank you for your support." 

Long ago, they told us to write our SS numbers on our forearms with sharpie markers if we weren't going to evacuate.

So we did.