Photos taken by members.

The Biggsly

51 minutes ago, ASH said:

nice collection ,  i saw a rare snoopy  on my watch forums go for like 800 bucks . 

Honestly neither she nor I have checked prices except for one.  A friend said that the going price on the Daffy Duck watch that runs backwards was around $100+.  The Pink one I bought for her.  Had to pay an extra $100 just for the Pink tritium glow.

We just get a kick out of the cartoons we can identify with from our youth.  Newer ones are cool but not "funny paper" worthy.

My watches I bought because I fell into some cheap purchases.  A couple are so many functions that they are too much trouble to just get the time from them.

Oh, there are a few that measure bio functions also.  Funny thing is that when I wear them the pulse rate is exactly 1/2 of what mine really is.  Just odd, but not interested why.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

I've still got one of those Simpsons talking watches (from Burger King, IIRC).  Jeez,  it's probably 15 years old.  It still works.

Yeah!  They are the cheapest watch I ever saw in every respect.  But they keep good time.  

I'm pretty sure that every watch on that rack keeps time more accurately than a Rolex.  But an executive at a large corporation probably doesn't want to be seen wearing a  Betty Boop, or a Popeye watch.

Edited by janice6
  • Haha 2