Photos taken by members.

The Biggsly

Some really nice places and photos so far. Let's see if I can find something in my stash...

I go to a trade show once a year in NYC and usually use the time in-between for some street photography. Instead of taking the 27 millions photos of the time square I asked this LEO if he would mind me taking a photo of him. Showed him the image on the camera display right after, which put a smile on his face. Thanked him for his service and moved on...

DSC1163.jpg

Edited by crockett
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Glocks4Freedom said:

This is Playalinda. And no, no nude bathers there as the legend goes...

Haven't been there lately.

There used to be.  My father flew helicopters for Brevard County Mosquito Control back in the day. When I came home on leave / vacation he would take me flying with him. I used to work there. 

He would fly along the beach; the nudists would always wave.

It's not as exciting as it first sounds given the average age was probably 50 or 60.  :cry:

He said he would fly up and down the beach looking for suitcases of money washed up on the beach dumped by drug runners.  He found a lot of bales of stuff and called it in; used to be in LE.

He never did tell us if he found any suitcases; but all five kids went to college.  :whistling:

Trivia question: What was the name of the first pilot to land on the Shuttle Landing Strip at the Cape?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, willie-pete said:

Haven't been there lately.

There used to be.  My father flew helicopters for Brevard County Mosquito Control back in the day. When I came home on leave / vacation he would take me flying with him. I used to work there. 

He would fly along the beach; the nudists would always wave.

It's not as exciting as it first sounds given the average age was probably 50 or 60.  :cry:

He said he would fly up and down the beach looking for suitcases of money washed up on the beach dumped by drug runners.  He found a lot of bales of stuff and called it in; used to be in LE.

He never did tell us if he found any suitcases; but all five kids went to college.  :whistling:

Trivia question: What was the name of the first pilot to land on the Shuttle Landing Strip at the Cape?

Well, I've only been going there - surf fishing - for 9 years or so. All you see is fishermen and families with children.

Don't know the answer...

4 minutes ago, Glocks4Freedom said:

Well, I've only been going there - surf fishing - for 9 years or so. All you see is fishermen and families with children.

Don't know the answer...

I don't think you are looking in the right places. :supergrin:

https://www.tripsavvy.com/playalinda-beach-guide-1512100

Some come because it's a regular habit. Others come for the spectacle. Regardless of reasoning, the secret is out — Playalinda beach is one of Florida's most popular nude beaches.

2 minutes ago, willie-pete said:

I don't think you are looking in the right places. :supergrin:

https://www.tripsavvy.com/playalinda-beach-guide-1512100

Some come because it's a regular habit. Others come for the spectacle. Regardless of reasoning, the secret is out — Playalinda beach is one of Florida's most popular nude beaches.

I guess this answers it: The fun begins at the north end of Lot 13, the last parking area.

Usually fish in the first 3-4 lots

• Like 1