Random Posting

Eric

There’s a point – 7000 RPM – where everything fades. When your seeing becomes weightless, just disappears. And all that’s left is a body moving through space and time. 7000 RPM that’s where you meet it. Can I ask you a question? The only question that matters. Who are you? 

I've done it on a motorcycle.  Didn't seem so dramatic.

But maybe it was.

I googled it, and learned that the next year (not the movie race)

After Gulf Oil bought the team,  at the next Le Mans...

Dad was a big-shot oil guy.

I got to touch the car, at the racetrack, before the race.

They won.

$Cha$ $Ching$!!!

Oil Executives Rule!

My best friend (elementary school) (American), lived next door.  In the rich part of Oliver Twist.  We got bread,  and roses,  and milk, hand-delivered, to our doorstep, every day. 

And the "Onion Man", which rode down the street on his bicycle,  with #300 of onions wrapped around his shoulders.  And Mom would get some onions.

We once went Trick-Or-Treating, in London.  In the rich neighborhood, where Jane and Michael Banks live.

I was a giant pumpmkin costume, that Mom made,  and more Americn kids,  from the Overseas School, ...

And the people that knew us, giggled and laughed.

The ones that didn't know us,  threatend to call the Bobbies,  and we didn't get any candy.

None.

But we totally assumed Guy Fawkes Day.

"A Penny For The Guy!"

We'd make a dummy, out of Dad's old suits, (or not.  that makes Dad mad),  put him in a pram, on the corner, in the streets,   and people would give us money.  In our pram.

And then you spent it all on fireworks,  and ganged with everyone at the park,  at a giagantic leaf-bonfire,  and blew-off £100, of fireworks,  as you threw all the Guys into the fire.

My best, next door neighbor friend, Charles, from Mary Poppins,  whose Dad was was a Judge, or Banker (he was a little older than me).

He didn't see Dad every day.

I'd been in their house.

He had to make an appointment to see Dad.  And dress up.  And meet him in his office.

Their Nanny,  90 years old,  ran the House.

(I forget her name, with regrets.)

You couldn't get near Father,  unless she approved.

When she was a little girl,  she lived through the Blitzkrieg.  Which blew-up the neighborhood we were living in.

She had photographs.

She liked me (and many more neighborhood Nannies (think: Mary Poppins)),  because when they locked themselves of the house,  I was such a skinny waif, Oliver, kid,  that I could fit my arm,  up to the shoulder,  through the mail-slot in the door,  and could reach the main lock, and unlock the front door.

Every house in the row-buildings, where we lived,  had a bomb shelter,  built under the street.  Across from the coal-chute.

Our "house" was a row,  50' wide, by 70' wide, by nine stories high.  Kind of normal for the city.  Where the rich lived.

There was a trap-door in the sidewalk,  where'd the coal-man would dump the coal down,  into the basement, where the Cortina was parked.

And then, it was the youngest kid's job to bring the buckets of coal up, three levels,  to the fireplace.

So then, it sucked to be me.

So, under the, where the front door was,  they all had a city-ditch there...

On the other side,  under the street,  where the bomb-shelter was....

My brother and his friends set up their RoLLing Stones,  R&R Band!

They could go crazy, all day, and no one could hear them, or care!

Our house was 50' x 100' x eight stories tall.

The first floor, when you opened the door was a sitting room.  And a small kitchen-place in the back.  And a tiny, clean dining room.

The second floor was the living room,  with fireplace.

Third floor was dining room.  The dining room had a dumbwaiter, so the waifs didn't have to appear, upon themselves.

The fourth floor was Mom and Dad's room.

The fifth floor was me and Dot's room.

The sixth floor was my brother's room.  The whole floor.

The seventy floor was forbidden,  with all his r&r high-school, mick-jagger ****..

The Eighth floor was roof-garden,  where we didn't have a garden,  but scampered all across all of England rooftops,  like Jane and Micheal Banks.

My brother and sister took me to the Rolling Stones' concert,  in Hyde Park. ('69?).  It was several blocks from where we lived.

They immediately ditched me (first form) and my friend.

We wanderered upmongst the most eclectic hippy-fest,  ever imagined, as first-former's could only do.