Random Posting

Eric

3 hours ago, Dric902 said:

You’re right

my company wants to track social media. When you have none, they think you’re hiding something

I have seriously thought about mounting a campaign against this.  If you know my real name i can tell you there is a Canadian marathon runner with the exact same name.  A couple of false web pages here.  A couple of face book, etc. there. You can work the system.

I truly detest what this technology has become.  

It is subjective and judgmental without objectivity.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dric902 said:

You’re right

my company wants to track social media. When you have none, they think you’re hiding something

I've been everything from a photographer, soldier, journalist, police officer, deputy sheriff and IT guy.

Show me how some HR person reading resumes understands the depth of my experiences when I apply for a job.  Especially, when most of them these days are 15 years younger than me.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Historian said:

I've been everything from a photographer, soldier, police officer, deputy sheriff and IT guy.

Show me how some HR person reading resumes understands the depth of my experiences when I apply for a job.  Especially, when most of them these days are 15 years younger than me.

Whole purpose of HR in larger environments is dotting i’s and crossing t’s. A superbly qualified individual with a so-so resume will be weeded out while the so-so with a superb resume may get hired - especially if they touch the d-i-e hot buttons. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Historian said:

They already are.

Honestly, i don't care to keep in touch with the people of my past.   Why do i need an intrusion from 30 years ago?   I have nothing to hide.  I just don't want to be found.

I have kept in touch with friends from the past who have remained friends. Acquaintances... class reunions the few times I attended were quite enough. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Whole purpose of HR in larger environments is dotting i’s and crossing t’s. A superbly qualified individual with a so-so resume will be weeded out while the so-so with a superb resume may get hired - especially if they touch the d-i-e hot buttons. 

And this is the reason i HATE the HR industry.  It appears it's based on protection and judgement.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, railfancwb said:

I have kept in touch with friends from the past who have remained friends. Acquaintances... class reunions the few times I attended were quite enough. 

I pulled the pin on my past twice.  After high school and about six years later.

In about seven to 10 years...It will happen again.

"Devil and the deep blue sea behind me
Vanish in the air, you'll never find me
I will turn your face to alabaster
Then you'll find your servant is your master"

• Like 1

When I was preparing to retire, coincidently a person in an equivalent job in the industry called asking if I knew of any openings. Gave her the name of the person leading the search for my replacement. She was hired to replace me and has been there since I retired - over ten years. Had I not thought she could do the job I wouldn’t have passed on the name of the search leader.

I’m confident she had a resume, but I never saw it. Didn’t need to. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

When I was preparing to retire, coincidently a person in an equivalent job in the industry called asking if I knew of any openings. Gave her the name of the person leading the search for my replacement. She was hired to replace me and has been there since I retired - over ten years. Had I not thought she could do the job I wouldn’t have passed on the name of the search leader.

I’m confident she had a resume, but I never saw it. Didn’t need to. 

Legendary.  

We have to pave the path for those who follow us.  

• Like 2

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic