Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

33 minutes ago, Eric said:

This is a muchunder-appreciated car. I always loved the Falcons.

15705B54-0730-48E0-8968-E4B3A171E988.jpeg

I also have some affection for the Falcon.

It was the first car my mother had: a two-door, six-cylinder, three-on-the-tree in that pale green color.

Dad bought it used in 1962.

Before that, we were a one car family.

It got left behind when we moved from Arizona in St. Louis in 1965, replaced by 1963 Tempest, the car I learned to drive in.

Thanks for the memory, amigo.

• Like 2

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, tous said:

I also have some affection for the Falcon.

It was the first car my mother had: a two-door, six-cylinder, three-on-the-tree in that pale green color.

Dad bought it used in 1962.

Before that, we were a one car family.

It got left behind when we moved from Arizona in St. Louis in 1965, replaced by 1963 Tempest, the car I learned to drive in.

Thanks for the memory, amigo.

I like the Chevy II better, but I always thought the Falcon was a better looking car. I love the Tempest as well. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Eric said:

This is a muchunder-appreciated car. I always loved the Falcons.

15705B54-0730-48E0-8968-E4B3A171E988.jpeg

In the 60's, I was working for a medical electronics company in downtown Minneapolis.  I needed to get something and a guy told me to use his new car, since it was a "wagon".  I jumped into the new Falcon wagon and hit the gas to pull into heavy traffic downtown, and little to nothing happened.  That trip was one of the two scariest of my driving experience.  No performance was an understatement. At lights I had the misfortune to be the only 90 HP vehicle in the lead of a pack of angry honking ordinary cars with engines.

I never got over that engine and car.

However a few years later, I took my 67 Mustang into the dealers for an oil change, and the salesman ( a family shirt tail relative I knew well) walked me over to the end of the dealer's garage to show me a car.  It was a Falcon.  It was the cheapest version sedan you could buy.  IIRC it had a 427 Wedge and 4 spd.  It was light as hell, and God awful fast.

He said the car was in for it's third transmission replacement under warranty.  The dealer wouldn't give the young man the car back, since they said he couldn't drive it without breaking it.  And, also because "The dealer co-signed the note for the sale!".  When the kid go new financing he could have the car back, but without any more warranty.  The 60 were interesting times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1