Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

• Administrators
Just now, deputy tom said:

My brother bought one new. $1,995.00. tom.

My brothers and I were in the back of one when we were kids, when the right-rear wheel/tire, hub and axle left the truck, flew past us and came to rest about 500 feet down the road. The end of the axle broke, so the c-clip no longer held it. It was an exciting ride. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Eric said:

My brothers and I were in the back of one when we were kids, when the right-rear wheel/tire, hub and axle left the truck, flew past us and came to rest about 500 feet down the road. The end of the axle broke, so the c-clip no longer held it. It was an exciting ride. 

I'll bet! tom.

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, deputy tom said:

Wrong steering wheel? tom.

That is a gen II Camaro. I’ve never seen one with no console and a column-mounted shifter and I have seen a bunch of them. Between them and the Firebirds & T/As, I have owned seven or eight of them.

• Like 2

Just now, Eric said:

That is a gen II Camaro. I’ve never seen one with no console and a column-mounted shifter and I have seen a bunch of them. Between them and the Firebirds & T/As, I have owned seven or eight of them.

It did look strange with bucket seats and no console. tom.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

VW Karmann Ghia around 1968

62e10a1d18c5d707.jpg?1602624654

Winter gets pretty cold up here in Minnesota.  One morning around 5:30 AM it was about 20 or more below zero.  I was backing my Ramcharger out of the garage.

As I got onto the driveway the exhaust was like a thick white curtain covering everything so thickly I couldn't see a damn thing behind me.  I slowly continued backing up while driving on memory as to the time to turn for the end of my driveway and where the street probably was. 

My city forbids on street parking during the Winter season, so I wasn't concerned about that.

I was going slow, but still I had to use some gas in the street as I turned to face down the street.  Then I heard a loud crunching sound and my 4X4 was jostling. 

I couldn't see anything because of all the white exhaust, so I got out to see what was in the road.  Well, it seems the neighbor kid couldn't get his car started the night before, so he left it in the street across from my driveway.

I backed up and a rear wheel of mine drive right up over his left front fender.  I told him to call my insurance company and I would tell them it was all my fault.  He was sitting in the car trying to start it when he saw my truck slowly drive right up onto his car.

It was a Karmen Ghia, just like the one in the picture above.

• Like 2