The dip problem

gwalchmai

4 hours ago, DAKA said:

Uh Oh,,, Red Man     not for long...

My Father chewed Plug Tobacco.  He used to fight to get a chaw out of the plug.  Then he would spit out the car window.  I t actually took off paint from the finish of our 46 Chrysler New Yorker.

The bathroom was so full of splatters none of us kids would use it any more.  He used to tell me Cigarettes were a disgusting habit, but I never ruined things the way he did.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

My Father chewed Plug Tobacco.  He used to fight to get a chaw out of the plug.  Then he would spit out the car window.  I t actually took off paint from the finish of our 46 Chrysler New Yorker.

The bathroom was so full of splatters none of us kids would use it any more.  He used to tell me Cigarettes were a disgusting habit, but I never ruined things the way he did.

My High School was a bunch of rednecks. The mascot was the Farmers. Chewing tobacco was everywhere. Guys would carry an empty soda can to spit in. Cans got spilled all the time. Left nasty stains on the linoleum tiles. I hated the look and smell.

• Like 1

When I was 7 years old my dad took me on a fishing trip with a couple of his old friends once when we were visiting his home town. On our way to the lake the one guy pulls out his chaw and I had never seen chewing tobacco before but I knew what it was. Then the guy asked me if I wanted to try some and I looked at my Dad and surprisingly he said "Sure, go ahead and try it".

They all laughed at me when I told them with great urgency to stop the car because I had to spit it out and rinse my mouth out. From that day, I never wanted to chew tobacco again. Cigarettes, cigars, and pipes were much more civilized.

• Like 2

I dipped for a bunch of years. Texas - it was just what we did. Skoal.

Even got to Skoal Black. Copenhagen would still barf me.

And Long Cut. The fluffy stuff would still scatter all over my mouth and throat and promote gaggage.

The chaw tasted like bubble gum, but was waay too messy and spitty foer me.

Ah, the good 'ol days.

I used to dip copenhagen straight long cut.  I thought I could handle the big leaf from the pouch and I tried some once.  Good thing we were outside is all I can say,  That stuff is rocket fuel.  I work with guys who're old and walk around with baseball sized wads in their cheeks.