Fly the unfriendly skies....

They did fire her, eventually.  Thank goodness.  But how many more like her are there...?  I'm not getting on a plane not flown by any pilot I do not know personally and trust completely.  Which means I'm not flying commercial...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

"Flying" anywhere is over....I AIN"T flyin' ...Have not been on a plane in 4 years...Hopefully never again...

Glad that we did all that travel years ago....

Vacation is a CRUISE from Port Everglades  30 minute limo ride...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, El Spicoli said:

DEI and United are to blame for this.....

I have been on a flight from Frisco to Monterrey with a female pilot and a  female co-pilot.  The curtain between the cockpit and the passenger compartment slipped to 3/4 open on take off.

I could see the color radar with weather, etc.  I know what I was seeing, having been in Research directed to tactical aircraft, with Lockheed Martin and other military contractors, for many, many years.

Watching the radar and experiencing the aerobatics to avoid the multitude of storm centers,  I have to say that this flight crew was as competent as any flight crew.  They knew what they were doing, they did it with expertise and minute to minute decision making.  They together flew as a smooth machine. I felt comfortable and safe with them.

There is no "sex" in the cockpit of an aircraft.  Just expertise or a lack thereof.  I had and continue to have no reservations about flying with a female flight crew, as long as they are current on their training, as I would expect the male flight crew would be.

My flight was a good one and considering the weather, I thanked the pilot for a good and safe flight.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

They did fire her, eventually.  Thank goodness.  But how many more like her are there...?  I'm not getting on a plane not flown by any pilot I do not know personally and trust completely.  Which means I'm not flying commercial...

I tend to agree with you about flying.  Today there are too many crack-pots that buy into all their idiotic ideas and "feelings", that I don't know, who is potentially a terrorist, who is a mental case, who is suffering an emotional crisis, and who doesn't know what sex they are.

This pilot in the story is unstable, and having a mental collapse, coupled with anger that is capable of attacking those who are perceived to be her enemy, whether or not it is true.

• Like 4

I am not against female pilots, I am against DEI hired pilots that are lunatics. Any of the airlines have openly promoted females and minorities for DEI.  Heck even Elon Musk has talked about this.

Hiring the most competent person for the job now seems like an afterthought.  A city in Wisconsin just promoted that they finally got 30% female LEOs in their agency.  Again that is a detriment to the city and to hiring practices.

It seems academia is all about group think based on feelings and not about independent critical thinking.

Buddha help us.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, El Spicoli said:

I am not against female pilots, I am against DEI hired pilots that are lunatics. Any of the airlines have openly promoted females and minorities for DEI.  Heck even Elon Musk has talked about this.

Hiring the most competent person for the job now seems like an afterthought.  A city in Wisconsin just promoted that they finally got 30% female LEOs in their agency.  Again that is a detriment to the city and to hiring practices.

It seems academia is all about group think based on feelings and not about independent critical thinking.

Buddha help us.

Wait till those 30% run up against the multitude of Illegal Immigrants that are of military age.  Our society is supposed to place a higher value on women than to throw them into the fray against men.  Overwhelming force is the watchword, not overwhelming sex. 

• Like 2